Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does B85M-ITX or H97M-ITX/ac supports overclocking Pentium G3258?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does B85M-ITX or H97M-ITX/ac supports overclocking Pentium G3258?

I plan to build a mini-ITX entry level PC. Interested in getting the new Pentium G3258 but not sure if these two mobos B85M-ITX and H97M-ITX/ac allows overclocking of G3258. I know all Asus mobos currently supports overclocking of G3258 through the release of the latest BIOS and three particular H97 mobo from MSI also allows that. But what about Asrock? As far as i know, Asrock's Fatal1ty line of B85, H87 and H97 supports overclocking of latest Devil's Canyon CPU, but what about these two particular mobos mentioned in the thread title? Thanks in advance btw.

Re: Does B85M-ITX or H97M-ITX/ac supports overclocking Pentium G3258?

If you check the BIOS downloads for the B85M-ITX, it's mentioned as an added feature for version 1.4 ASRock > B85M-ITX

I'm wondering the same about the H97M-ITX/ac, personally. The bios for it just says "First Released".
    Last edited by GeorgeStephanopoulos; 06-23-2014, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Re: Does B85M-ITX or H97M-ITX/ac supports overclocking Pentium G3258?

If you check the latest BIOS download at ASRock, you'll see that many of the Z97 board have new BIOS with OC profiles for the Pentium G3258.

Download Files form ASRock Inc. > Latest BIOS Update

The H97M-ITX/ac includes both of the new Devil's Canyon processors in its CPU support list, but I don't see the Pentium G3258 yet.

My Z97 Extreme 6 board has a new BIOS with OC profiles for the G3258, but it is not listed in the CPU support list yet, 6/23/2014. They must have just forgot, and I can't imagine the H97M-ITX/ac would not support the G3258.

Comment

Working...
      X