939A 785GMH sata out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 939A 785GMH sata out?

Can anyone tell me the type of lead for the sata out port on my in out plate
    Asrock 939A785GMH MB 3X 250 gig sata 2 drives in Raid 0 Backup sata 250 in removable rack. 4X1 gig ddr1 corsair , Radeon 4600 HD 1 gig
    Tagan 480 psu ,3 internal 3 inch case fans windows XP pro 32 bit.

Re: 939A 785GMH sata out?

What you mean? you have 5 x SATA2 3.0 Gb/s connectors on that MB (red connectors), use a regular sata2 cable,usally they come with the MB.
    Or maybe I did not understand youre question!

Comment

I believe they're asking of the eSata port that's present at the rear I/O panel.

That one req's an eSata cable, not a regular Sata cable that's used internally.
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Yes thanks it would seem that I need an e sata lead then . what about power to it then.
        Thanks Brian UK
        Asrock 939A785GMH MB 3X 250 gig sata 2 drives in Raid 0 Backup sata 250 in removable rack. 4X1 gig ddr1 corsair , Radeon 4600 HD 1 gig

Comment

This board doesn't have nor supply Power Over eSata/eSataP/Power eSata, so the external drive will req its own power supply. Be it a brick or internal to the enclosure, power will need supplied to the enclosure externally from a wall outlet.
          #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
          ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

OK thanks for info

Comment

I have just connected an e sata lead with usb power but upon connecting a 3.5 sata drive .nothing happens! the drive does not show in the h/d config tool ! should this give me an extra sata drive ie 6 sata devices or does the external drive replace one of the 5 internal sata ports.I can't see anything to enable external sata in the cmos screens.

Comment

The 785G provides for the 6(5+eSata) SATAII ports this board has.

Did you install the AMD All-in-1 driver package befitting your OS?

Just what external HDD enclosure is it you have. Specifics please. Is it only usb powered or did it come with a wall wort also? Does it work with the wall wort powering it?

Comment

My sata device is usb powered. In the interim I tried a laptop h/d thinking the power requirements are less. No I have not intalled the all in one driver. would the drive still not show at boot on the cmps screen?
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by b wizz View Post
                    My sata device is usb powered. In the interim I tried a laptop h/d thinking the power requirements are less. No I have not intalled the all in one driver. would the drive still not show at boot on the cmps screen?
                    Thanks
                    That seems to be the problem, USB only uses the 5V power rail, and most if not all 3.5 HDDs need 12V power to operate. 99.99% of SSDs will work with 5V power only.

Comment

Please have the courtesey to read my post . I have pointed that my e sata device is usb powered . and that I have tried a laptop hd . Laptop drives are not 3.5"

Comment

And you the decency to reply.........

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
                        Just what external HDD enclosure is it you have. Specifics please. Is it only usb powered or did it come with a wall wort also? Does it work with the wall wort powering it?
                        With the drive powered on at boot, BIOS > Advanced > Storage Configuration > eSATAII_1 , does it(the ext drive) show up on this line or not?

Comment

Please have the courtesey to read my post . I have pointed that my e sata device is usb powered . and that I have tried a laptop hd . Laptop drives are not 3.5"
                          Sorry I missed that.

Depending upon the external USB drive enclosure, to what USB port(s) it is connected to (USB 2.0, USB 3.0), and the 2.5" HDD itself, power from a USB port may not be enough for the drive to function. Some 2.5" HDDs need 1 - 1.5 Amps of power to work, a single USB 2.0 port normally does not provide even one Amp of power.

If the 2.5" HDD is unformatted, it won't be seen by Windows until it is initialized and formatted.

Your external USB enclosure remains a mystery.

Comment

As per post 7 my extra drive does not show at the cmos screen ! I have nothing to lose so I'll hack of the usb power from my e sata/ usb device and try external power
                            Thanks

Comment

As per post 7 my extra drive does not show at the cmos screen ! I have nothing to lose so I'll hack of the usb power from my e sata/ usb device and try external power
                              Thanks
                              Yes, but you've also changed to a different HDD, the 2.5" laptop drive, which apparently also does not appear in the BIOS...

Comment

Working...
                              X