z97 Extreme4 Lan Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z97 Extreme4 Lan Drivers

Hi, I'm new to building and I don't know if this sounds silly but I couldn't find anything online to differentiate between two drivers, what is the difference between the Realtek Lan Driver and the other Lan Driver (just titled Lan Driver) on the asrock website? Do I need both? Is one for ethernet and the other for network? Thanks ahead of time.

Re: z97 Extreme4 Lan Drivers

Huh. Not sure why the Realtek is offered as you have the Intel I218V on this board.

Use the ones "Lan driver ver:19.0.27.0" as those are definitely for the Intel PHY on this board.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Ahhh......

Guessing here the ASRock web folks simply copied this over from the other "upper' Extreme models that in fact do have two onboard NICs, Intel and Realtek.
      Last edited by - wardog -; 07-19-2014, 07:21 PM.
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

I see, so I shouldn't use the realtek drivers? :D Thanks a lot

Comment

No. Use the ones "Lan driver ver:19.0.27.0"

Comment

Wow, quite a faux pas, the Realtek LAN driver has been listed since 4/08, you're no doubt correct about the copy over, wardog.

All this time and this is the first mention of it? Of course the Realtek LAN driver installer will quit when it does not detect a Realtek network chip.

No one noticed this at ASRock?

As wardog said, use the Lan driver ver:19.0.27.0, which is for the Intel network chip on your board. Your board does not have a Realtek network chip, and the Realtek driver won't work with the Intel network chip.

Comment

Working...
            X