Where did P1.33 go for the Z97 Extreme6 MB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did P1.33 go for the Z97 Extreme6 MB

I installed P1.33 several weeks ago and went looking to see if there was a new BIOS for the Z97 Extreme6 MB only to find that P1.33 is no longer on the ASRock web site. Anybody know why it went away?

Re: Where did P1.33 go for the Z97 Extreme6 MB

#1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

I thought that's what Ken429's PC Specs was all about!

Comment

From http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...tml#post485601

ASRock would not remove BIOS 1.33 without a reason, although we don't know specifically what that is. We have seen a fair amount of people posting in this forum with various issues while using BIOS 1.33. I have this board and don't use 1.33 and don't have any problems. I'd say it is safe to assume it is best not to use it.
        As to why it went away your guess is as good as mine. Yet rest assured, if ASRock pulls a BIOS there IS a reason.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken429 View Post
          I thought that's what Ken429's PC Specs was all about!
          HA! Nice try asking your question in its own thread, I get it. Wish some of us new more about this, if we're lucky maybe ASRock will say something.

Frankly, does it really matter, or are you looking to solve a problem that might be caused by that BIOS version?

I've seen BIOS versions removed by other manufactures in the past, it is rare but happens. I've seen Intel remove versions of their IRST RAID driver, two version in less than two years IIRC, due to issues found in the "wild".

I highly doubt we'll get an explanation for this, just like I've never seen explanations for the other BIOS and driver versions being removed.

IMO, that is because if a manufacture said "BIOS version 9.87 for the Y66 Extreme 77 board was removed due to instability", you'd have some people posting in forums, "Acme mother boards have unstable BIOS, don't buy their boards!", and a fair amount of brain dead sheep would believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
            Wish some of us new more about this, if we're lucky maybe ASRock will say something.

IMO, that is because if a manufacture said "BIOS version 9.87 for the Y66 Extreme 77 board was removed due to instability",
            The last time I've known this to be done, and practically the only enthusiast MB manufacturer that I'm aware, was DFI. Back when Oskar Wu was there. And before that, now that I think of it, Abit too. Again, only because Oskar was there before moving to DFI.

Oskar wasn't afraid to let the sun shine in. Hell, he relished in it. Readily owning up where owning up was called for.

The "community" then was far and away more tolerant of errors yet unfortunately you still had the unhappy/unsatisfied detractors ranting "Acme mother boards have unstable BIOS, don't buy their boards!", and a fair amount of brain dead sheep would believe it.

So, the question remains..................

Comment

Well good for Mr. Wu, I salute him, wherever he is!

Frankly, and no offense to anyone, IMO most manufactures don't even think about informing people why a BIOS or driver version was removed. If I ever saw an explanation for removing a BIOS or driver version, I would be surprised.

OTOH, how many times have you tried a new BIOS version that had features or options added that were not listed in the description? Too many for me to recall, that happens all the time.

Then we have the old standard of BIOS update descriptions, "Improved Stability...". Would anyone care (dare) to explain that?

Comment

Working...
              X