Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z97 Extreme9 + 3 way SLI 780ti, 3rd card not recognized

HI,

i have bult new pc for my 4k setup. here is my build.

intel 4790K
    16gb rams
    samsung 840 pro SSD
    corsair case 540
    thermaltech 1200w
    corsair H110 cooler
    3 780 ti by gigabyte

My issues is that my pc doesn't see the 3rd card when pluged in. in 2 way sli all works fine. but as soon as i plug 3rd one. through bios you will see that motherboard doesn't see it too. even in windows which is 8.1 pro. i replaced places and cards but same result. PCI slots all work. when replaced places. tried even changing the power supply to corsair 1200i watts. updated mother bois to latest.

i have done everything i can . tomorrow will try 3 titan slie on my brother PC which got same setup. to see if its 780 ti issues or 3 way sli.

please help in identifying the problem.

thanks in advance

Re: Z97 Extreme9 + 3 way SLI 780ti, 3rd card not recognized

You must use the PCIE1, PCIE2, and PCIE4 slots for triple SLI. Which you probably have done, since you can't fit three cards if you used the PCIE3 slot.

Did you connect a four pin molex connector to the PCIe Power Connector on the bottom area of the board? That connector is just below the very last PCIe slot and has a cover on it with two silver colored bars on it. If you use many (three or more) video cards, this power connector provides more power to the power connections in the PCIe slots themselves.

Comment

Assuming all is well and in the right slots concerning the HW there, triples and the last card not recognized probably means you'll need to use THIS link and request the ASRock Techs to validate this error with these cards. Then, more to the point, await for a new BIOS to solve this.
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
        You must use the PCIE1, PCIE2, and PCIE4 slots for triple SLI. Which you probably have done, since you can't fit three cards if you used the PCIE3 slot.

Did you connect a four pin molex connector to the PCIe Power Connector on the bottom area of the board? That connector is just below the very last PCIe slot and has a cover on it with two silver colored bars on it. If you use many (three or more) video cards, this power connector provides more power to the power connections in the PCIe slots themselves.
        Thats should be it. i didn't notice it or connect it. even thu when used corsair 1200i power supply , motherboard gave me note that i need to connect 4 pin connect , which i was feeling dum that there is no 4 pin on this motherbored.

will give it a try when reach workshop.

really appreciate it.

Comment

Thanks all,

the problem solved thanks to parsec hint.

Comment

Working...
          X