Changing UEFI Boot Image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing UEFI Boot Image

I have a Z87 Killer, ive been looking for a way to change the boot image, ive looked really hard, but couldnt find anything. It used to be easy on my old intel board so i guess it should be possible with ASRock too.
    Could anyone please point me in the right direction?

Re: Changing UEFI Boot Image

These folks have you covered.

Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

I have looked for it on that site, couldnt find anything pertaining to my motherboard.
      Isnt there a tool that i can use to mod the UEFI image and then flash it ?

Comment

punkid, a boot image and a UEFI image are two different things. A boot image is used to boot an OS, a UEFI image is the UEFI firmware used by a board. Which one are you actually interested in? Or is it something else.

Are you simply looking for a guide to the UEFI user interface on your Z97 Killer board? Such as a description of the options and how to use it?

If you want to modify a UEFI file/image, the only thing specific about it are the particular options, Option ROMS, etc, that your board has. The general UEFI file is an AMI UEFI, which is used by many ASRock boards. The tools to modify an AMI UEFI are general purpose, there aren't tool specific to a particular board.

What you might want can be found in the link below, but in general most of the tools are not different than the ones in the link wardog provided for you:

BIOS Modding Guides and Problems

What did you use on your old Intel board?

@wardog, your PM's are overflowed, can't send you one.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
          punkid, a boot image and a UEFI image are two different things. A boot image is used to boot an OS, a UEFI image is the UEFI firmware used by a board. Which one are you actually interested in? Or is it something else.

Are you simply looking for a guide to the UEFI user interface on your Z97 Killer board? Such as a description of the options and how to use it?

If you want to modify a UEFI file/image, the only thing specific about it are the particular options, Option ROMS, etc, that your board has. The general UEFI file is an AMI UEFI, which is used by many ASRock boards. The tools to modify an AMI UEFI are general purpose, there aren't tool specific to a particular board.

What you might want can be found in the link below, but in general most of the tools are not different than the ones in the link wardog provided for you:

BIOS Modding Guides and Problems

What did you use on your old Intel board?

@wardog, your PM's are overflowed, can't send you one.
          No no no, i just want to change the image/ picture that shows up during POST and while loading win 8 in uefi mode... In my case its a redish image saying fatal1ty, thats what i want to change.
          I have looked at tools that mod roms etc but couldnt really figure them out.

Oh and with the old intel board, i used intel integration assistant. Simple program, allowed me to change it.
          Last edited by punkid; 07-26-2014, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Ok, I understand now. In many ways, much simpler than we thought.

But in reality, I have no idea how to change it...

Hopefully ASRock support can tell you if it is even possible.

Comment

Working...
            X