Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock C2750D4I No POST.

Hi Everybody,

I have a brand-new ASRock C2750D4I and 4 X 8GB DDR3 Samsung M393B1K70CHD-CH9 which are also new.

I've setup the system with only a single stick of RAM, a VGA monitor, USB keyboard, power and ethernet cables attached. The system will not POST.

I can access the IPMI but it says that the 'host is powered off or in sleep mode'.

I'm getting a blinking power LED and I cannot find the BIOS version. It's not on my BIOS chip as stated in previous posts.

I thought that the problem maybe a memory issue and changed out the memory for a Kingston kvr1333d3n9/4g DDR3 4GB memory module. This hasn't changed anything.

Please help! I'm about out of ideas what the problem could be with this board.

Thanks!

Re: ASRock C2750D4I No POST.

Hi Guys,

A quick update. I've got the motherboard to boot with the Kingston kvr1333d3n9/4g DDR3 4GB memory module. I had the RAM in slot A2, not slot A1!

With the system up and running, I upgraded the BIOS via the 'Instant Flash' utility to version 2.40 - With the hope that this would improve compatibility to include my Samsung M393B1K70CHD-CH9 memory modules but with no success.

From other posts on these forums, I understand the problem is related to my memory (and most server memory it would seem) modules being the registered/buffered type.

The reason I bought this memory is for it's ECC ability. The fact that I have to use NON-ECC RAM to get this motherboard to work is defeating the purpose.

Is ASRock planning to bring out an BIOS update to fix this problem of incompatibility with registered/buffered memory and if so, how soon?

Thanks!

Comment

If it is not in the approved memory QVL list, the only way to find out if it works is to rely from other users who have good experience with it.

For 32Gb in 4 sticks, the memory that works very well that is widely available and not in the QVL list is the Crucial CT2KIT102472BD160B. It also comes in 1.35V instead of 1.5V so that helps in your power savings a bit. Yes, it is ECC.

Comment

You can use Kingston's server RAM search engine to find the validated memory. Memory Search | Kingston

Other major memory makers do also provide their RAM QVL for our server board. And Crucial has a similar RAM QVL for C2750.

Comment

Working...
        X