z97 extreme 6 error code 6f???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z97 extreme 6 error code 6f???

Anyone know this? Not in my manual...it is accompanied with power cycling the system on and off like in a loop.

I submitted to tech support this morning...maybe heat issue on the cpu? thats the only time I have seen similar behavior.

Ideas,thoughts,opinions?

Thanks

Re: z97 extreme 6 error code 6f???

New build or one that's been running error free for some time?

OC'd? MemTest86+
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

It's new....I kind of addressed in another post ..all was well last night .I went to post and then it was good so I put in os and drivers. It wouldn't recognize 2 hds so when I formatted the one it started acting up

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckus View Post
        It's new....I kind of addressed in another post ..all was well last night .I went to post and then it was good so I put in os and drivers. It wouldn't recognize 2 hds so when I formatted the one it started acting up
        Scratch MemTest for now.

With the Win8.1 DVD in the optical drive, at POST where the ASRock splash screen shows, select to boot from the 8.1 DVD and say whether it displays the 6f error.

It sounds like it's trying to boot from the network. What I can find of AMI and 6f is PXE initialization. The above test should not stop/show 6f.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
          It sounds like it's trying to boot from the network. What I can find of AMI and 6f is PXE initialization. The above test should not stop/show 6f.
          ie: It's not finding, on its own, a bootable drive, and thus falling back to the network.

Or sounds like anyways.

Comment

Ok... wardog you were close to what the solution turned out to be. After trying various things suggested to me by tech support and you and parsec. The solution ended up being the small HD switch on the mb.... it was in b position but needed to be in a. I'm not sure what this switch is for. Not much in the manual about it ....it was likely an issue cause by operator failure on my part.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

You mean the BIOS Selector Switch located above the Power and Reset buttons on the lower right corner? The one labeled BIOS_SEL1 ?

Comment

Yep. That would be the one.

Talk about not firing on all cylinders. ....still trying to figure out how it got moved.

Comment

Working...
                X