Losing Onboardsound on my new Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing Onboardsound on my new Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional

Out of nowhere yesterday I lost my onboard Soundcard Creative Core3D. I did not change anything in BIOS, but I only loaded the XMP RAM Profile 2 weeks ago.... For 2 weeks the motherboard had a normal working onboard sound.

The only solution to get my onboard sound back was pressing the CMOS-Reset button. And I got my sound again

What was the problem? I never lost the onboard sound on any other motherboards and I never had to reset BIOS, never ever, till yesterday.
    Last edited by mrtvu; 08-08-2014, 07:14 AM.

Re: Losing Onboardsound on my new Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional

Out of nowhere yesterday too I lost my onboard Soundcard Creative Core3D. I did not change anything in BIOS, For 10 weeks the motherboard had a normal working onboard sound. The only solution to get my onboard sound back was pressing the CMOS-Reset button. And I got my sound again
    What was the problem? I never lost the onboard sound on any other motherboards and I never had to reset BIOS, never ever, till yesterday.

Comment

Workaround for this sound failure without installing another sound card:

shut down the PC, unplug the PC power-cable, wait a few seconds, plug in the power cable again, reboot and enjoy the sound again.

Never the less: The sound issue will come again, i have it 2 times every month.

Comment

When you run default memory profile it all OK?
        Do you have the latest sound drivers installed?

Comment

Originally posted by Britgeezer View Post
          When you run default memory profile it all OK?
          Do you have the latest sound drivers installed?
          yes and yes

Comment

Originally posted by mrtvu View Post
            Workaround for this sound failure without installing another sound card:

shut down the PC, unplug the PC power-cable, wait a few seconds, plug in the power cable again, reboot and enjoy the sound again.

Never the less: The sound issue will come again, i have it 2 times every month.
            This worked for me. On top on that I've been receiving random system reboots and I believe these are linked. I will do some more digging on this one.
            Last edited by PluggerAU; 10-14-2015, 05:35 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
            X