AM1H-ITX unable to install windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AM1H-ITX unable to install windows 7

Hi guys set this board up last night but cant install windows 7 but win8.1 installs ok but i hate win8.1 and want to use win7 its asking for somethink when you first try to install win7 is there anythink in the bios i need to turn off ?

Thanks

Re: AM1H-ITX unable to install windows 7

I'll try to fill in the details you left out...

You installed Windows 8.1 first, and then tried to install Windows 7, but that fails.

Windows 7 is asking for something, that did not happen with Windows 8.

There is nothing in the BIOS you need to turn off for Windows 7. Have you changed anything in the BIOS?

My guess is you have your OS drive connected to one of the two ASMedia SATA ports, and Windows 7 wants a driver for that chip before it can continue.

If you just move the SATA cable to one of the two AMD SATA ports, you should have no problem with Windows 7.

If Windows 8 is still on your OS drive, you may want to format the drive in Advanced Installation.

Comment

Re: AM1H-ITX unable to install windows 7

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      I'll try to fill in the details you left out...

You installed Windows 8.1 first, and then tried to install Windows 7, but that fails.

Windows 7 is asking for something, that did not happen with Windows 8.

There is nothing in the BIOS you need to turn off for Windows 7. Have you changed anything in the BIOS?

My guess is you have your OS drive connected to one of the two ASMedia SATA ports, and Windows 7 wants a driver for that chip before it can continue.

If you just move the SATA cable to one of the two AMD SATA ports, you should have no problem with Windows 7.

If Windows 8 is still on your OS drive, you may want to format the drive in Advanced Installation.
      So I take it the Sata ports that say Sata A1 and Sata A2 are Asmedia ports ?

Thanks for info

Comment

Working...
      X