Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with new setup / not booting

Hi there

I really hope somebody can help me, i just put together a new setup and am not able to boot.

Setup as follows:

Asrock x87 oc formula
    intel i7 4x 4.00ghz
    gskill 2x 8gb ddr3 2133mhz
    gigabyte 770 windforce 4gb
    corsair h75 cooler
    corsair carbide 330r case

i put together everything very carefully. all power connecters are connected, the graphicscard is connect by 2x 8pin connecters which are each connected 2times to the power supply with a Y-cable kind of thing.

i tried connecting with dvi and hdmi, and with the internal graphics hdmi, no signal with any try.

when i turn the PC on, all the fans go on, i here the fluid in the watercooling, instantly a led "cpu1" lights up next to the power supply input and after about -0sec a light heat1 lights up next to the "southbridge"

after about 30sec the PC reboots. the display shows 31degrees celsius.

can anybody please give me some advice?

Thanks a lot!!

Re: Problems with new setup / not booting

You did not list what PSU you are using, which apparently needs adapter cables to supply power to the 770 video card. What PSU are you using?

Do you have a power cable from the PSU connected to one of the eight pin CPU power connectors at the top of the board? You must connect a power cable to one of these connectors, or the CPU will not work.

Comment

anybody got any clue what those leds mean exactly?

thx so much!

Comment

hi there

thanks gor your reply!

i have a corsiar m600 (600w), it has to six pin connecters where i can plug a cable into wich has 4 power connecters(the old ones, like we had years ago with hd's and cdroms etc) into those four i then plug the four(!) power connecters of the two cables that came with the 770 and go into the card.

i however dont think thats the problem, because also with ko power to the card, it doesnt boot. and cpu-led1 is always on, and also that heat-led1.

yes i already checked the 8pin connecter, i even tried both connectecters on the mobo. and i just tried with clearing the cmos using the button.

really dont understand..

Comment

do you think i have to provide power to both of the 8pin connecters? i would have a cable left which i could plug in to my psu (it even has a connecter which says 4x4 cpu, but i already have provided one of the 4x4 connecters with power

Comment

4+4, not 4x4. sorry!

Comment

with both connected at the same time nothing at all happens, no leds, no fans.

with any one connected all fans and watercooling kick in, i get cpu_led1(next to 24pin connecter) and heat_led1 (next to the southbridge)

Comment

Working...
              X