No announcement yet.

Does anyone see competition to the R9 290x or 780ti (Both after mkt versions) in the NEAR Future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone see competition to the R9 290x or 780ti (Both after mkt versions) in the NEAR Future?

Started to read lately that new GPUs are coming out. I'm in the process of trying to pick parts for a new build and was wondering if you guys think I should wait for the new cards to come out (basically they will lower the cost of the current cards and if anything I can buy them) or go ahead and buy the cards I was going to get regardless. I was looking into either a r9 290x(ASUS R9290X-DC2OC-4GD5 Radeon R9 290X 4GB or sapphire) or 780ti(ASUS DirectCU II GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5) so I'm worried since these cards have been out for a while and it would make sense for new GPUs to come out for x-mass. The only issue is will the "new" cards be faster then todays fast cards.
    First rumoured specs of GeForce GTX 880/GM104 published | KitGuru
    New AMD GPUs rumoured for next month | PC Gamer
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI compare Nvidia GeForce GTX 880 GPU

Re: Does anyone see competition to the R9 290x or 780ti (Both after mkt versions) in the NEAR Future?

hey merry christmas and happy new year to you, like you i was wondering should i wait for 390X, after reading and serching for release dats and hearing about a confrenece call from Mr Taylor of AMD talking to the pros of video cards looks like 2nd quarter 2015....
    so i just ordered a 290X msi Lightning from newegg last night for $349.
    as we all know it was a $700 to $750 card in the beginning.....dont like nvidia alwasy had problems or i would have the TitanZ right now.

from what i have read about 290x msi lightning after market version OC to 1080 core clock with 512Bit Buss, i have seen lots of talk about 780Ti vs this card im sure there both extremely top dog cards and lots of guys would want them in a heatbeat......

i am thrilled to get this 290x msi lighning at this price and newegg still has them, or maybe i got the last one.....

Comment

Working...
    X