Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z97 Extreme3 Wake on Lan WOL

Hi,

I need help to get this board WOL to work.
    I have made almost everything and no way to wake on lan.
    I have tested wake on lan on bios, wake on pci device, I have configured the network card to allow wake on lan magic packet, I have also desactivated fast start up...

If I shut down the computer, I have about 3-4 minutes where I can use WOL atfter that I get red and Orange light on network car and WO doesn't work anymore.

I have my router well configured with UDP port 169 to WOL.
    When machine is on Windows I can test the magic package being received.

Any tips to put it to work, I dont know what else can do to work?

(I had a ASUS before and allways worked)

Re: Z97 Extreme3 Wake on Lan WOL

If you are using Windows 8 or 8.1, which I think you do, you already know the Intel LAN driver has problems with WOL, since you mentioned disabling Windows 8 Fast Startup.

Did you try the latest Intel network driver? I don't know if it will fix your problem, but worth a try:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...?DwnldID=21642

Comment

ok ill test it ty

Comment

I can say the same about Z87 E6- its like you can start it from S5 (Power off- a.k.a after normal shutdown) for few minutes after the shutdown. After you unplug the PC from the power or wait some time, then you cant boot it. I have Wake on LAN1 enabled in BIOS, as well as checked the box in "wake from power-off S5 state" in both adapters. I have the newest Intel drivers, running on windows 7.

Comment

Working...
        X