Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asrock X99 Extreme4: possible to boot from Samsung XP941-512G (MZHPU512HCGL)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock X99 Extreme4: possible to boot from Samsung XP941-512G (MZHPU512HCGL)?

Hi to all,
    I am new to the forum.

I am thinking about to buy the Ultra M.2_SSD (NGFF) Module Samsung XP941-512G (MZHPU512HCGL), but don't know, whether it is possible to boot from it.

It is supported:
    ASRock > X99 Extreme4
    but here it's said to not being capable of booting from it:
    Samsung SSD XP941 512GB, M.2 16Gb/s (MZHPU512HCGL) in Festplatten & SSDs: Solid State Drives (SSD) | heise online Preisvergleich
    somewhere else they are saying, it is possible with the right mainboard and bios.

Anybody can help?
    Achim

Re: Asrock X99 Extreme4: possible to boot from Samsung XP941-512G (MZHPU512HCGL)?

Hi Achim,

i have just bought the same 2 items, i will get them on Friday.
    I'm sure you can boot, may be it is a little bit tricky to install the os, see folowing link.

Asrock Z97 + XP941:

XP941 on Asrock Z97 extreme6 ultra M.2 & windows 7 install

Comment

Comment

Re: Asrock X99 Extreme4: possible to boot from Samsung XP941-512G (MZHPU512HCGL)?

Dear Olaf and Davis,
        thank you for the good news :)

@Olaf:
        Enjoy your new system! :) Mine just will arrive tomorrow. Also, I didn't order a XP941, yet. I just was curious. Will put my budget to a new video card but am waiting until 19.9.14 for the pricing of NVIDIA.
        Regards
        Achim

Comment

Hi Davis

Can the asrock x99 ws also boot?

(btw whats your thought about the x99 smoked stories? ( I guess with ws so calles "higher quality parts" shoud be on saver side?))

Many thanks and greets max

Comment

Originally posted by maxmustang View Post
            Hi Davis

Can the asrock x99 ws also boot?

(btw whats your thought about the x99 smoked stories? ( I guess with ws so calles "higher quality parts" shoud be on saver side?))

Many thanks and greets max
            May i ask you also what you think of using 5820K with only 28 lines together with xp941? With 1 gpu or with crossfire? Thanks..!-:) many greets max

Comment

Working...
            X