PNF list corruption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNF list corruption

I keep getting a blue screen of death titled PNF_LIST_CORRUPTED that locks the computer and forces it to do a memory dump. Anyone have any Idea what this is and how I uncorrupt the PNF list?

It maybe caused by ya memory runnin' to aggressively.

Comment

your next error might be IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
      check this M$ article and that is PFN and not PNF :p

it is happening cos of either a bad RAM or a hardware related problem. what is the latest hardware change you made?
      this is another M$ Article :cheers:
      Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
      Last Updated:
      10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
      ======================
      jabber : [email protected]
      =======================
      Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
      yabaa dabaa doo...
      Customized for 1024x768

Comment

I have seen the error enough times you would think I knew the diff with PFN PNF...lol oh well i guess when I see it I am seeing red!

memory timings are stock bios I havent played with the rastocas or any of that stuff yet. I recently reinstalled my Vidcard but the problem has been intermittent. I have gotten the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. a couple of time but not as often as the PNF list errer. The guides that you listed are for windows 2000 do they cross over into XP? This problem seems to take place often and when windows restarts I get a lot of truncated files that windows does what ever it does with them...i noticed that files that are always truncated are my seti files...and after every crash/reboot i am back at the beginging of another wu, even if it was almost done with one....this could be why my seti times have dropped so far so fast. If this is a Ram problem How do I test the ram to see? This is the only machine i have that runs this ram. Thanks for your help guys.

Comment

well those guides will cover WinXP too. Most of these errors have graduated from Win2000 to WinXP.
          Anyways, its most probably just a driver related trouble. If you installed your vid card with new drivers then try rolling the drivers back or try installing them again.
          here is a Technet article related to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

to test RAM try Memtest86 .
          Last Updated:
          10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
          ======================
          =======================
          yabaa dabaa doo...
          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Thanks guys...I think it ended up being the Video drivers...I redownloaded the newest Nvidia driver and the comp hasnt locked up in days now. Tho for some reason I am not able to play with the ram at all. I cannot change the RAS CAS or anything....I guess Crucial doesnt like us playing with it!...if I mess with it at all I end up having to clear the CMOS and reset the BIOS...oh well....Corsair...here i come! at least I can go a day and get SETI WU's done with out locking up...now I should be able to get back up on Kane.....:D

Comment

another SETI fanatic gets to work :laugh:
              Last Updated:
              10th MARCH

======================
              =======================
              yabaa dabaa doo...
              Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
              X