Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Runcore Pro IV 1.8" 5mm PATA ZIF SSD - HP Mini 1000

egprelude is offline Junior Member

Default Runcore Pro IV 1.8" 5mm PATA ZIF SSD - HP Mini 1000

I just recently received this and got it to clone with the included TrueImage software. The problem I am having is with the motherboard detecting as a bootup device. I was only given two cables with the SSD. 1 cable has blue ends and it doesn't seem to fit - too thick. The other cable attaches fine but it doesn't recognize the SSD.

What can I do to resolve this? Purchased from MDD.

Walrusfarmer is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Runcore Pro IV 1.8" 5mm PATA ZIF SSD - HP Mini 1000

Try using the cable that the original drive used, worked for me. Also my SSD did have a smaller cable with a blue end and a green end, I found out that the green end had a yellow film over it making it too thick. Just remove that film.

moolman is offline Junior Member

It's just bad design of the runcore harddrive. The ZIF socket is too small and needs to be designed bigger and have a good locking mechanism so that the cable doesn't fall out. If you compare it to the original hard drive on the HP or the ZIF on the MB, you'll see how much it sucks.

I used the longest cable that came with the Runcore for my mini 1000. The shorter one and the original cable is too thick to fit into the Runcore. You'll have to play with it and try over and over again. The best you can do is try your best to have the longest cable go into the SSD and it'll kinda go in but not well. It will come out easily but you can make it hold on by a hair.

So far for me, it hasn't fallen out and I have traveled with the HP mini 1000 but I fully expect that one day it will pop out because it's held on by barely anything.

Quote Originally Posted by egprelude View Post
    I just recently received this and got it to clone with the included TrueImage software. The problem I am having is with the motherboard detecting as a bootup device. I was only given two cables with the SSD. 1 cable has blue ends and it doesn't seem to fit - too thick. The other cable attaches fine but it doesn't recognize the SSD.

What can I do to resolve this? Purchased from MDD.
    Check whether you connect it to the USB case correctly ?

Quote Originally Posted by moolman View Post
    It's just bad design of the runcore harddrive. The ZIF socket is too small and needs to be designed bigger and have a good locking mechanism so that the cable doesn't fall out. If you compare it to the original hard drive on the HP or the ZIF on the MB, you'll see how much it sucks.

I used the longest cable that came with the Runcore for my mini 1000. The shorter one and the original cable is too thick to fit into the Runcore. You'll have to play with it and try over and over again. The best you can do is try your best to have the longest cable go into the SSD and it'll kinda go in but not well. It will come out easily but you can make it hold on by a hair.

So far for me, it hasn't fallen out and I have traveled with the HP mini 1000 but I fully expect that one day it will pop out because it's held on by barely anything.
    The two cables with 1.8" PATA ZIF SSD is only for connect the SSD to the USB enclosure. Connect the SSD to your notebook you'd better use the original cable.

Because we have different versions of USB to ZIF adapter, and the thickness of connector adapters are different. So one of the cable we send may be unfit for you.

moolman is offline Junior Member

The original orange/tan color cable that comes on the original HP SSD does not fit with the Runcore. It is too thick. I tried foolishy for about a hour trying to get it to sit right. The runcore needs to be designed with a bigger ZIF socket and a good clamp that will clamp down that cable. The Mini Motherboard and original SSD's have a decent ZIF socket. Only the longest cable supplied with the Runcore was thin enough to fit well and the clamping mechanism is weak, so it is barely in there securely.
    It's a bad design, unless I got a bad one. I bought the Runcore recently within the past 2 months.

Willie_Maikit is offline Junior Member

I am also having difficulties using both the enclosed cables and the OEM cable. I have watched the youtube installation video and the SSD that is shown has the same ZIF connector as the MB and they are using the OEM cable. With all of the individuals who have posted that they are able to install their drives with no problems, are they using a pre-production unit? I have Pro IV PATA ZIF, RCP-IV-Z1832-C. I really need to get this working because I need the extra SSD space. I have cloned my existing drive and the HP sees it with no problem as long as it is connected thru the USB, it reads it as a USB 32GB drive, so I know that the drive is operable.

Thread Information