Burning the CPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkerick
    OH and I just played STAR WARS Galaxies for like 4 hours and my CPU Temp is 49.5 C. Thata bad!
    No, that's perfectly normal.

Try setting your RAM to SPD instead of changing the timings.

Comment

yeah I tried that. Oh and I forgot to say that my ratio is 1:1

Comment

Try enabling/disabling all the turbo and performance mode options.

Comment

you mean hyperthreading and all of that. Wouldnt that make it slower?

Comment

i think soulburner is referring to the turbo and performance RAM settings in bios

Comment

where are they. You mean bring them down or slow them up. How would you disable them?

Comment

i have a question. what would be reasons for windows not starting properly, or the blue screens.

Comment

I tried overclocking a lil and the CPU speed on my computer is gone. just the RAM shows?

Comment

I am guessing you mean in Your BIOS post screen. It does that from time to time when the CPU speed and the actuall speed dont match. but since you aren't complaining of it not working I would gather that its working. If you need a software based CPU checker, look into WCPUID, a freeware program that shows your CPU speed and such in windows.

You might also have a better shot if you post this in the Overclocking forum!:flames:

Comment

Darkerick, how many threads am I going to have to merge? Your latest wasn't even remotely in the right place. What is it going to take for you to learn?

Comment

I guess I should have looked at the smacktard JR. tag......

Comment

Alright this is the last one!!! what is passing Prime95?

Comment

What are good timimgs for Corsair PC3700? And what happens if your computer shuts down during 3DBench mark after overclock. Because I overclocked to 5:4 250:200 and everything seems to be great. I can play games(though Ive only tested it out once). But it definitley wont pass Prime95 or 3dBenchmark,well it shut down in the middle of 3DBEnch.any suggestions?

Comment

Darkerick, do not start any new threads on this topic. If I find any more, i will delete them on sight.

Comment

Working...
                              X