Windows shuts down by itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows shuts down by itself

ok about a week ago my norton found there was a virus (W32.Spybot.Worm virus) on my computer imidielty after finding the virus i got a new window that has a 59sec countdown timer to shutdown my pc there is some wording around like NT AUTHORITY \SYSTEM- RPC service terminated i cannot take a screen shot because it will not let me for what ever reason... also i noticed that its happening more and more often when i was writing this it happened to me as well.... does any one know of a fix for this im using windows xp

Thatll fix your nproblems

Comment

Thanks for your post but i think every one should apply the patch if they have better site http://corob.net/rpc/ it tells you how to remove the virus as well

Comment

Thx for the link m8. BTW< i noticed the MSBLAST.exe running, and i thought it was a virus. But AVG didnt pick it up :( Course its a brand new virus though. Ive got it all deleted now though :)

Comment

worm started spreading on August 11th and AVG released an update on 12th...i won't say that is bad at all ;)
          Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
          Last Updated:
          10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
          ======================
          jabber : [email protected]
          =======================
          Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
          yabaa dabaa doo...
          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Re: Windows shuts down by itself

Originally posted by Maxpowers
            ok about a week ago my norton found there was a virus (W32.Spybot.Worm virus) on my computer imidielty after finding the virus i got a new window that has a 59sec countdown timer to shutdown my pc there is some wording around like NT AUTHORITY \SYSTEM- RPC service terminated i cannot take a screen shot because it will not let me for what ever reason... also i noticed that its happening more and more often when i was writing this it happened to me as well.... does any one know of a fix for this im using windows xp
            i also have the same problem so if any one known how to remove that Virus from the system pls mail to me

Comment

Working...
            X