RAID 0 Status Failed on BIOS Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAID 0 Status Failed on BIOS Change

Hi all, I just ran into a strange issue.
    I was experiencing some temp issues with this board, so was trying diff setups to check. As part of this I reset my RAM timings to SPD and saved the setup in BIOS. After reboot, I got a disk read error and BIOS says reboot the system.
    Tried several times, nothing happened, then I realised that my RAID was not showing in the post screens... I went into the BIOS and surely enough, the SATA RAID/AHCI was not set ! I didn't touch this setting, so not sure why or how it got changed in the BIOS.. Anyway, I set it back to RAID and tried rebooting. This time the RAID shows up after detecting device on port 2 and 4, but the status of the RAID shows "Failed"...
    If I enter the config screen the following is displayed
    ID - 0
    Name - SpecRAID
    Level - RAID0(Stripe)
    Strip - 128KB
    Size - 465.8GB
    Status - Failed
    Bootable - No

Physical Disks:
    Port Drive Model Serial # Size Type/Status(Vol ID)
    2 ST3250410AS 6RY...... 232.9GB Non-RAID Disk
    4 ST3250410AS 6RY...... 232.9GB Member Disk(0)

Can anyone help with this please ? Is there anyway to recover from this ?
    Intel Core i5 4670k C0 @4.2Ghz - Corsair H80i
    Gigabyte GA-Z97x-SOC Force (Rev 01, BIOS F6C)
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz DDR3 9-10-9-27 1.5v
    Gigabyte R9 280x OC Windforce

OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD - Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Small print - All suggestions I give on this forum are just that - Suggestions.
    I'm merely suggesting an approach/opinion which I would have taken - You are welcome to try at your own risk.

Re: RAID 0 Status Failed on BIOS Change

Link to topic on Gigabyte sub-forum -
    GIGABYTE needs no introduction but they are here to provide free technical support for their motherboards, graphics cards and other products!
    Intel Core i5 4670k C0 @4.2Ghz - Corsair H80i
    Gigabyte GA-Z97x-SOC Force (Rev 01, BIOS F6C)
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz DDR3 9-10-9-27 1.5v
    Gigabyte R9 280x OC Windforce

OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD - Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Small print - All suggestions I give on this forum are just that - Suggestions.
    I'm merely suggesting an approach/opinion which I would have taken - You are welcome to try at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
    X