No announcement yet.

New build internet connection, help needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New build internet connection, help needed?

I just finished a new build and computer will not connect, it is a wired connection. In the device manager, there is a yellow "!" Unknown device. When I checked for driver says no driver found. Could use a little help?
    mobo is a B85M Pro4, I have installed all disc(OS,AsRock and Video) and everything else seams ok.

Thank you!

Re: New build internet connection, help needed?

Device Manager > ! (this device) , right click on it, select Properties > Details > Property > Hardware ID's : right click on the values shown, Select All, Copy, and paste them in post here please.

Example:
    PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_16B1&SUBSYS_96B11849&REV_10
    PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_16B1&SUBSYS_96B11849
    PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_16B1&CC_020000
    PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_16B1&CC_0200
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
      Device Manager > ! (this device) , right click on it, select Properties > Details > Property > Hardware ID's : right click on the values shown, Select All, Copy, and paste them in post here please.

Example:
      PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_16B1&SUBSYS_96B11849&REV_10
      PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_16B1&SUBSYS_96B11849
      PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_16B1&CC_020000
      PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_16B1&CC_0200

Hope this is what you needed. Sorry took me a bit

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_153B&SUBSYS_153B1849&REV_05
      PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_153B&SUBSYS_153B1849
      PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_153B&CC_020000
      PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_153B&CC_0200

billdoit2

Comment

That's your on-board Intel I217-V gigabit NIC chip.

ASRock > Z87 Extreme4

Then from the above page you want to download and install : Lan driver ver:18.5.54.0
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

That's your on-board Intel I217-V gigabit NIC chip.

ASRock > Z87 Extreme4

Then from the above page you want to download and install : Lan driver ver:18.5.54.0
          That is if you're still using "Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)" as shown in your System Specs pull down. I linked to Win 7 x64 because that what is currently shown anyways.

Comment

Found it, What is the best way to download and install it on the other computer.

Comment

Probably easiest to dl on one computer, move it using a USB stick to the other, then uncompress it to it's own directory and run the autorun.exe file inside.

Comment

That is if you're still using "Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)" as shown in your System Specs pull down. I linked to Win 7 x64 because that what is currently shown anyways.

Yes I am using Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit). You must of missed that this is a new build, (another one) shows same driver when I look it up under the AsRock B85M Pro, and I do not know how to load the download on the new build computer. Can transfer it with a USB drive?

Comment

Yea, sorry. I did fail to acct for that mb in post #1. Fortunately, it looks like the same one listed for the B85M Pro4!

A USB drive is fine. We must have been posting at the same time:
                  Probably easiest to dl on one computer, move it using a USB stick to the other, then uncompress it to it's own directory and run the autorun.exe file inside.

Comment

Yea, sorry. I did fail to acct for that mb in post #1. Fortunately, it looks like the same one listed for the B85M Pro4!

A USB drive is fine. We must have been posting at the same time:

Yes we were type at same time. Driver installed and sending this message from new build computer.
                    Thank you for all your help!

Comment

Np

Comment

Working...
                      X