X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus MB P9X79-E WS cant boot

New Asus MB P9X79-E WS rev. 1.01 ser.nr.DCS1YZ001870
    CPU Intel i7 4820k ivy bridge-E
    Graphic card Asus HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2, card tested on MB Asus P9X79 Deluxe,no error.
    Card mounted in PCIe 3.0x16 slot 1
    RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro 8x8 GB = 64GB CMY64GX3M8A1866C9
    Keybord mounted in PS-2 port.
    USB mouse mounted in USB 2.0 port front
    HDD 2 TB Seagate Barracuda mounted in Intel 3Gb/sec port 3
    Power on and start no error.
    After ca.5 sec. the blue LED DIAG VGA lights up,ca 4 sec. later the blue LED DIAG HDD lights up,
    Q-code display 63-67 ok then the display stops with code A2 IDE detect.
    Treid with Graphic card in PCIe slot 3-5-7 same result.
    No video, no kummunikation.
    End of storry
    How to solve this problem.

Best regards oldi.

Re: Asus MB P9X79-E WS cant boot

I'd probably give it another shot but this time with a lower graphics card if you have one you can temporarily use in place of that HD7870.

Any other DIAG_xxx LED's lit up?

There's this: How to Use USB BIOS Flashback - ASUS yet w/o a monitor you don't have a clue what BIOS is currently flashed to. Thus you don't really know if you do or don't need to use the "BIOS Converter" prior.

I'd say try booting with a lessor graphics card. Then assuming it boots you at least have the knowledge of what BIOS the board is flashed to. There's nothing specific in the BIOSes desc's on the Asus pages that single out your HD7870 yet many times BIOS updates do alleviate graphic card issues in roll-ups.

I guess I should ask this too. Please, nothing meant by it at you personally, only that it happens to the best of us at times. You do have the HD7870 connected/powered, right?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
      I'd probably give it another shot but this time with a lower graphics card if you have one you can temporarily use in place of that HD7870.

Any other DIAG_xxx LED's lit up?

There's this: How to Use USB BIOS Flashback - ASUS yet w/o a monitor you don't have a clue what BIOS is currently flashed to. Thus you don't really know if you do or don't need to use the "BIOS Converter" prior.

I'd say try booting with a lessor graphics card. Then assuming it boots you at least have the knowledge of what BIOS the board is flashed to. There's nothing specific in the BIOSes desc's on the Asus pages that single out your HD7870 yet many times BIOS updates do alleviate graphic card issues in roll-ups.

I guess I should ask this too. Please, nothing meant by it at you personally, only that it happens to the best of us at times. You do have the HD7870 connected/powered, right?
      I have some options:
      1) Use my 14-day right of withdrawal,with money back
      2) Returning to examination,exchanged or repair. RMA
      3) Self attempting a flash of bios, with the possibility of errors.

I choose probably No. 1

Regarding power supply for graphics card both LED lights green.
      Graphic card are approved by Asus for use on this MB.
      Normaly the card is used in another PC with MB Asus P79X79 Deluxe
      From a number on the card EAT X PVR ------------- -A07 1301 GE1011
      I think I can see the bios version is 1301.
      Additional power supply for the PCIe slots are also armed.
      Asus has no sealing of anti-static bag or box.
      MB can therefore has been tested before.!
      But if I buy another MB P9X79-E WS, I would like to know what is causing the error

Thank you in advance for your help.
      Regards oldi

Comment

Well, do what ya want there with it.

The Asus site is unresponsive atm but if I recall correctly the V2 version of your card wasn't on the QVL for this specific MB. Again IIRC from yesterday there was a NON-V2 revision, and it even had a specific vBIOS revision listed for it.

For what I've read of both posts and my own personal experiences with many may boards I would have chosen to swap in a lower video card before returning the board. That just me. I can understand you frustration too though. Been there, done that.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
        X