Views:	1
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	756276

but i can't set 2133 profile as RAM spec
    PC shutdown when play 3D games

today i see spec is change on asrock web
    Support Just 1866

help me please. T.T

Re: Why FM2A88M-HD+ Not Support DDR2133 ?

Sorry to see that change from 2133 to 1866.

I don't know the reasons why but for this question I would suggest you contact ASRock Tech Support directly using THIS link.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

The memory controller, which determines the memory speeds that can be used, is not part of the mother board, but is part of the FM2 processor itself, as is common on newer generation processors.

If you check the specs of any of the processors in your board's CPU Support List, they all show 1866 as the maximum memory speed. That is an AMD spec, not an ASRock spec. For example:

AMD A10-Series A10-6700 - AD6700OKA44HL / AD6700OKHLBOX

AMD A8-Series A8-6500 - AD6500OKA44HL / AD6500OKHLBOX

AMD A6-Series A6-6400B - AD640BOKA23HL

AMD Athlon X4 760K - AD760KWOA44HL / AD760KWOHLBOX

AMD Athlon X4 750K - AD750KWOA44HJ / AD750KWOHJBOX

ASRock might have made a mistake listing 2133 memory as compatible with FM2 processors, or AMD changed the spec of the FM2 processors.

A memory speed of 2133 would be considered an over clock of the memory, and your board is really not a model for over clocking.

Comment

Not to poke at or argue with anyone, the reason I suggested they contact ASRock Tech Support is they(ASRock) have gone and pruned a few A10's that were 2133 capable from the latest CPU Compatibility List. Too, in the pics above 2133 doesn't appear as 2133(OC).

https://web.archive.org/web/20140209...jp.asp?cat=CPU
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Interesting, I was simply quoting statistics from the current CPU support list.

Given my Intel-centric thinking, I assumed all processors from a given generation would have the same memory controller spec. So anything above 1866 would be an OC, for example. So these AMD memory speeds specs are hard limits for the memory speed?

So the one FM2+ CPU was removed, as well as all the 100 Watt A10 and A8 processors that supported 2133 memory. So the 2133 memory spec (if you could call it that from the printing on the box) was only semi-accurate before those processors were removed. It did not apply to all compatible processors, apparently. The FM2+ support shown on the box is now false.

IMO, worrying about the memory speed difference is no where near as important as knowing that your board no longer officially supports your processor. This spec is still listed on the current information page for this board: Supports Socket FM2+ 95W / FM2 100W processors. Only FM2 Athlon II X 4 100W processors are now supported.

Regarding why those A10 and A8 processors were removed, just another case of an under-built AMD board. It seems to be a five phase, or three plus two phase VRM power design, without a heat sink. This seems to be a trend on the budget AMD boards, overstating the processor support.

That would possibly explain the OP's problem, "PC shutdown when play 3D games", although we don't know what CPU he uses.

Curiously, the last BIOS update, 2.10 of 1/27/2014, mentions an FM2+ processor, and two other processors no longer in the CPU support list. So who knows...

Comment

Hard limit? No. Just like the Z77 Extreme6 lists, everything above 1600 is with (OC). Analogous to a supposed 1155 "hard limit' , if you will.

Where it gets interesting is there are, across them, A series APU's with native 1333, 1600, 1866, and 2133. The FM2A88M-HD+ originally was "spec'd" by ASR for the up to 2133 APU's, so chose to put 2133 (w/o the (OC)) there on the box and the web pages.

Even more confusing(interesting!) is they used the FM2+ socket and labeled it as such on/for this board. Meaning at that time FM2+ Kaveri, and FM2 Trinity and Richland support. All able to use the same FM2+ socket now.

ASRocks web pages concerning FM2+ boards and whether or not their boards did at one time or do now support FM2+ Kaveri procs is a freaking mess. For instance, FM2A55 Pro+ "FM2+ motherboard with CrossFireX™ and powerful integrated graphics for a friendly price!". Damn if I can find where/any FM2+ procs are listed in the CPU Support Page linked. And that board is found under the AMD Socket FM2 listings on the left of the main Motherboards page.

ASRock needs to put a web team together and vacuum up any traces where the FM2+ nomenclature is not NOW deserved. And other asst housekeeping chores related to their FM2 and FM2+ listings as as you parsec, an Intel person who obviously noticed, even on the pages desc's of certain MB's there are now factual errors present.

I'd holler for Emily but I believe even she's thrown in the towel on this mess.

Comment

Another is, since PCIe 3.0 is only supported with APU's of the FM2+ Kaveri class, if the motherboard doesn't support FM2+ APU's is it ok to list it with PCIe 3.0 x16 slots?

Mess. A freaking mess.

Comment

Wow, that is not good, both for the consumer and ASRock, whose reputation with customers will suffer due to the aggravation of the confusing specs.

If you check the Newegg page for this board, all the things we mentioned above are displayed in large letters and multiple times, without any caveats explaining the details. Newegg even includes a link to an A10-6800K processor as part of their "May We Suggest" list of products for use with this board, which is no longer in the CPU support list. Not to mention a link to a suggested model of memory that is not in the boards support list (you know how I feel about that and why):

Newegg.com - ASRock FM2A88M-HD+ FM2+ / FM2 AMD A88X (Bolton D4) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

OTOH, the memory speed specs for ASRock's Intel based boards are consistently correct given what I have seen, all memory speeds above the Intel spec are marked "(OC)". PCI-E 3.0 support is listed at the top for boards like our ASR Z77's, the caveat about that being true only with i5 and i7 Ivy Bridge processors is included in the Specifications section. The Intel based boards do not suffer from the ambiguous or mistaken specs we've seen among the AMD boards, for whatever reason.

The Newegg errors bring to mind authors and editors that are not technically astute enough to get things right, which is not simple as we know. The problem seems to be a cascade of errors from the top down. But whom would check the specifications for a product that is supplied by the manufacture? It's possible mistakes were noticed by those people, but whom would also correct the mistakes of the manufacture, or feel confident enough to even question them?

Regardless, some of the most basic specs or the CPU and memory support lists contain errors.

And people think that Intel's chipset and processor/socket compatibility is confusing... how things have changed.

Comment

Then add: Suppose an uninitiated person buys this FM2A88X-HD+ and an A4-4000 on the cheap. Hmm they think, box shows 2133. (note here: I give a pass to the memory manuf's on this as it's certainly NOT their responsibility) So off to a mem manuf's site to use the compatible memory finder provided and low and behold they list a 2133 kit. Wait a few days, rub Buddha's belly and insert the mem. Black screen. Raise the v's. Black screen. Do this do that. Black screen black screen.

Scratching their head and flustered to no end now they go looking. To discover their A4-4000 is native 1333.

As i said in Vykker's thread, knowledge is power.
                  Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
                  Concerning sockets and what fits vs what works(BIG big diff there BTW), knowledge, due diligence, and a shake or two of common sense. Mostly platform knowledge and due diligence. Common sense follows after the preceding two have been endured/learned/dealt with.

Comment

Working...
                  X