Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock FM2A88X+ Killer problems

Help please.

I have ASRock FM2A88X+ Killer mobo (1.80 BIOS). A10-7850K.

Today I switched out my memory because of the issues with last ones (memory did not clear for some reason even when basically nothing was running).

Memories are kingston hyperX 2400mhz ones. Looks like they work ok with default UEFI settings but when I select XMP profile 1 or 2 (for 2400mhz and 2133mhz respectively) I get BSODs after logging into windows.

The error I get under windows 8.1 is DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION. I tried to run "verifier /reset" in CMD but this did not help.

With both memories I did memory tests which found no errors. So its clearly something else and not memory.

Both these and previous memories are on ASRock's QVL list.
    Last edited by pidgin; 04-17-2014, 09:56 AM.

Re: ASRock FM2A88X+ Killer problems

1.80 BIOS? If so, might I suggest downflashing to the 1.70 BIOS offered on the download page for this MB.

ASRock it would appear has pulled 1.80 from their servers, leaving the 1.70 at the top of the list there. Why they might have pulled 1.80 I haven't a clue, yet they may have done so for some good reason.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Still the same after downgrading to 1.70

Could it be because I installed windows while 1.80 was installed? I think I will try a clean install, but do I have to select XMP profile before formating/installing?

Comment

Personally, I have the BIOS set as I want it before installing an OS.

Can or would a BIOS interfere, I guess I can see where it might. Considering what all parameters are within a BIOS.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Good, one more thing - if I choose an XMP profile I still have to choose DRAM frequency too right? from auto to 2400 in my case

Comment

Originally posted by pidgin View Post
            Good, one more thing - if I choose an XMP profile I still have to choose DRAM frequency too right? from auto to 2400 in my case
            NO! Leave that at Auto. XMP will handle the rest.

Comment

Looks like its working fine now. I was going to install my old ram back since with new ones it would crash even when I booted from USB to reinstall windows. I gave it 1 more try and just switched the ram module positions and now it hasn't crashed amd memory seems to be clearing fine too.

Comment

Originally posted by pidgin View Post
                Looks like its working fine now. I was going to install my old ram back since with new ones it would crash even when I booted from USB to reinstall windows. I gave it 1 more try and just switched the ram module positions and now it hasn't crashed amd memory seems to be clearing fine too.
                Lemme guess. They're in the DDR3_A2 and DDR3_B2 slots now, and working?

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
                  Lemme guess. They're in the DDR3_A2 and DDR3_B2 slots now, and working?
                  Previous ram were in A1/B1, these I installed in A2/B2 right from start. I simply switched places for sticks (which shouldn't make a difference I guess) and now it works.

Anyway, thanks! Relieved now that memory is clearing as it should. I guess 1.80 had some issues indeed.

Comment

hehe Yea, it matters.

See Section 2.3 of the manual "Installation of Memory Modules (DIMM)"

4. If you adopt DDR3 2600/2400/2133/1866/1600 memory modules on this
                    motherboard, it is recommended to install them on DDR3_A2 and DDR3_
                    B2 slots.
                    That, A1 and B1 slots, has resulted in many many problems. I sometimes forget to ask which slots in my first replies here.

Comment

But good to hear it's running for ya now.

Comment

NOOOO! I might have celebrated too early. I got a new BSOD error :(

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Still my PC was stable for ~30 minutes before that happened.

Comment

What speed XMP Profile are you using right now? 2400? If it is 2400 try bumping the CPU/NB up +.05 to +.10 and retry. That'll help the IMC stabilize 2400 over it's rated 2133. Watch your temps as always!

Also, look in CPU-Z's Memory and SPD tabs to find the XMP Profiles that lists a Command Rate of 2. Try the ones that show CR2, it's not uncommon and you really don't give up much as the iGPU thrives on Mhz.
                          Last edited by - wardog -; 04-17-2014, 01:01 PM.

Comment

2400 yes.

Will bump voltages for NB

Comment

I wonder if i could ask what all the timings are for your memory when you next jump into the UEFI please, when selecting XMP profiles.

Comment

Working...
                              X