ASRock HDMI Switch process problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock HDMI Switch process problem

Hello. Thank you in advance for your help.

Out of nowhere I developed a strange problem where the enter key on the keyboard would not work normally, where I would press enter and the screen would go blank, the driver/new hardware install tone would sound, the screen would come back, and the driver/new hardware install tone would sound again. The enter key would work in safe mode though.

After trying many possible fixes, after performing a windows repair from the CD, upon reboot a message came up saying there was a problem with the ASRock HDMI switch. After stopping the process, the enter key worked fine....that is until the next boot.

So I removed the ASRock HDMI switch and enter now works fine.

Thing is, I can't find any information on the HDMI switch process. Should I reinstall it? How do I reinstall it?

My system is: Win 7 Pro x64, Z87 Extreme 4, i5-4570 using onboard graphics via DVI, Samsung 840 EVO SSD.

Re: ASRock HDMI Switch process problem

http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...mi-option.html

Also, check out HDMI-IN in the A-Tuning Suite.

Just why though is beyond me with what you typed above.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

HDMI switch is part of the A-Tuning software installation, and is not a separate utility you can download and install. That process is a Windows auto-start process, which is why it caused problems again when the system rebooted.

If you don't use the HDMI switch feature, then you don't need it and I would not worry about installing it again.

How and why the HDMI switch process interfered with the enter key on your keyboard suddenly, particularly if you aren't using that feature, is also beyond me. Think back to just before this problem happened, did you install any new software, or configure something? Do you use A-Tuning regularly, it is obviously installed.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
        HDMI switch is part of the A-Tuning software installation, and is not a separate utility you can download and install. That process is a Windows auto-start process, which is why it caused problems again when the system rebooted.

If you don't use the HDMI switch feature, then you don't need it and I would not worry about installing it again.

How and why the HDMI switch process interfered with the enter key on your keyboard suddenly, particularly if you aren't using that feature, is also beyond me. Think back to just before this problem happened, did you install any new software, or configure something? Do you use A-Tuning regularly, it is obviously installed.
        It happened for the first time after I woke the computer from sleep. I hadn't installed or changed anything just prior. I have never used A-Tuning before, and hadn't even opened the program until just now out of curiosity. When I installed the drivers, I just installed everything from the CD. I don't do any type of overclocking.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
        X