Asrock Z87 Extreme4 onboard audio input connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Z87 Extreme4 onboard audio input connector

Hi... I recently built a system with an Asrock Z87 Extreme4 Motherboard. I am trying to install a "Leadtek WinFast PxDTV2300 H", & this may be a noob question but the problem I am having, is that I cannot seem to find the 'Onboard Audio input' (4 pin) on the motherboard, so that I can plug in the jumper lead from the card (the lead came with the card), I can see a dual row 5 pin connection in the 'Purity Sound' part of the board (one row has a pin missing, but it is still a 5 pin configuration). Any help would be appreciated.. Thanx
    Last edited by Happyhound; 04-22-2014, 07:53 PM.

Re: Asrock Z87 Extreme4 onboard audio input connector

There is no audio input connector on your board, or on any recent mother board that I have used. The connector you mentioned is the HD audio output connector for the audio connections on a PC case.

I have no idea what the format of the four pin audio output connector on your TV card, as I had a hard time finding any information about it.

Comment

Re: Asrock Z87 Extreme4 onboard audio input connector

Check the pinout of the HDAUDIO front panel and see if you can make those 4 pin match any of the layout (even though they are not full 5x2). You actually have to plug your TV card into the Lead-in of your sound card. If you can't do that with the 4 pin, you can get an optional connector with 3.5mm jack you can plug in the back of your motherboard.

Comment

Working...
      X