Blank screen after successful flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank screen after successful flash

Well this all started reading forums about getting all my 16 gb of ram to be usable. 7.96 of 16 gb was usable. I tried everything i came across. Tried re-seating the ram 5 different times. Trying different slots. Going by my asrock manual. After spending a few hours messing with the ram. I cam across a forum that said to try flashing the bios with a update. Another forum post saying i needed to reinstall windows. Thinking the flash might save me some time i tried it first. Well i downloaded the install from asrock forum/downloads. I put it on a flash drive and preceded with the instructions. At the end it successfully installed an asked to restart. This is where it all went wrong apparently. After the install and restart all i get is a blank screen. All my fans are running lights on. I have tried dvi and hdmi. Dvi was on my monitor and i tried hdmi on 2 different tvs. So what i have tried so far (multiple times) is the cmos reset (switching the jumper over ect) and the taking the battery out. Which is the only things i can find to do anywhere on forums. Hoping someone on here can give me some ideas of what to try next before i take it to a shop or try to rma the motherboard.

ASRock FM2A75 Pro4-M FM2 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) SATA

AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 100W Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 7660D AD580KWOHJBOX

GeIL EVO Veloce Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3

HIS IceQ H787Q2G2M Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB

Seagate Barracuda STBD2000101 2TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.

ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner

Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, option Fans-2x Side 120mm Fan

APEVIA ATX-CB700W 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply

Acer AL2216W

Windows 7 pro sp1
    Last edited by crownn; 04-23-2014, 12:40 AM. Reason: no pc specs

Re: Blank screen after successful flash

Are you using the video card after the BIOS update? Did you try connecting a monitor to the onboard video?

A BIOS update resets all BIOS settings, and likely has the video output selection set to the onboard video, which is why you see nothing on your monitor.

Very few 8GB memory models in your board's memory support list, none of them Geil.

Comment

Re: Blank screen after successful flash

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Are you using the video card after the BIOS update? Did you try connecting a monitor to the onboard video?

A BIOS update resets all BIOS settings, and likely has the video output selection set to the onboard video, which is why you see nothing on your monitor.

Very few 8GB memory models in your board's memory support list, none of them Geil.
      Thank you for your reply.
      Yes I have tried with my video card and without/onboard video card.

As far as the ram goes it worked just fine for for 6-8 months roughly. Then I noticed about 2-3 months ago my os was only using 7.96 gb of the 16 gb. I was bored today so thought I would try an fix the issue.
      Last edited by crownn; 04-23-2014, 03:27 AM. Reason: adding info

Comment

Working...
      X