z77 pro3 bios fail flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z77 pro3 bios fail flash

Hello! Have a problem - due update bios via official AsRock win installer windows was froze up and after reboot my pc wouldnt start now - black blank screen =(
    I have no idea how fix it, need help guys =\
    p.s sry for bad eng. not my native 8)

Re: z77 pro3 bios fail flash

Well, guess no1 give a fk... thx for asrock support.

Comment

Your probably going to need a new Bios chip, you could try putting the Instant flash file on a usb 2 stick formatted to fat, fat32 ,plug that in to a usb 2 port at back of computer and power on and press F6 to see if you can enter flash utility to reflash, It probably won't work and your need to buy a new bios chip, you can get them on ebay, don't know if Asrock ship new bios chips outside US.
      Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Face1ess View Post
        Well, guess no1 give a fk... thx for asrock support.
        If there was an easy or even difficult method to fix a corrupted BIOS, it would have been posted. The bad news is there isn't a well known way to fix a corrupted BIOS, particularly when the method for performing the update was the Windows update method. That method is the one most likely to fail, and should be avoided. Instant Flash is the best method, I've never had a failure using it.

Joe-912's suggestions are the best possible fixes, since your board has the ASRock Crashless BIOS feature, which you apparently don't know about.

Comment

Well said!
          I have been on the end of a bad flash as I have posted before when my only method of flashing my dell studio xps 1640 was within windows, that I paid £1300 for, and it's one of the most heart stopping moments you could experience IMO so I do cut people a bit of slack when they post stuff like nobody gives a fk , I did manage to recover mine by doing my research via the web, and I keep this recovery USB stick I made under lock and key lol.
          Like parsec I would never use windows flash method if you paid me, Instant flash all day long......
          I know something he won't be the last one who gets a bad flash

Comment

Working...
          X