Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to resize Windows partition on a RAID (1+0) array

Hi Everyone,

I have a RAID (1+0) Array installed in my computer. The array consists of 4 x Samsung 160 Gig Drives, giving me a total usable disk space of approximately 300 Gigabytes.

I originally partitioned the space on my RAID array into one partition for Windows (set Active), and one logical partition for data.

My computer is several years old, and I now want to reduce my data partition and expand my Windows partition.

In an effort to do this I shrunk my data partition, as can be seen below -

After shrinking the partition I checked to see if I could expand my Windows partition into the newly available space, as shown below -

As can be seen above it is not possible to 'Extend Volume...' using Windows disk management, even though there is free space on the adjacent partition. I thought that this may be related to the fact that the free space (on the data partition), is not formatted, so I formatted the space, as shown below -

I have subsequently attempted to extend the Windows partition again, however I am finding that doing so still isn't possible through the Windows disk management console.

Finally if I use a partitioning tool, such as Partition Wizard, instead of seeing a single drive (with three partitions) I instead see all four physical drives with various partition details, as shown below -

How can I go about resizing the Windows partition in this situation? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo

Re: Trying to resize Windows partition on a RAID (1+0) array

What you need to do is backup your G: and D: Drive and then delete both partitions and right click on the green (extended) partition and delete that as well. Then you should be able to extend your C: drive to the size you want and then recreate the others partitions you deleted.

Sent from my Nokia 925 using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by A_Man_Eating_Duck; 08-24-2014, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X