780 Ghz Dead HDMI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 780 Ghz Dead HDMI?

The other morning my UPS kicked on during a low-voltage event due to a thunderstorm in my area. Later that morning I attempted to get on my computer only to realize that I could not get the displays to work. Eventually I switched over to my integrated graphics, and everything was dandy aside from being stuck with just one display. At this point I brought up the device manager to see that my 780 was no longer being recognized by the computer. I didn't have time to fix it that morning as I had to get to work, but when I did have time to attempt to get it running again I went ahead and popped the 780 out and back in to see if that would improve everything. Of course in order to do this I had to unplug all the cables plugged into it, and upon booting the computer back up voila! It worked! Well, mostly. My display setup consists of two monitors connected via DVI, and one TV connected via HDMI. Both the monitors worked perfectly when plugged in, but as soon as I plugged the HDMI cable in all the displays kicked off and the fan on my 780 went to 100%. I then turned everything back off, and unplugged the HDMI cable again. When I tried turning it back on again without the HDMI there was once again no problems. I've since attempted to plug the HDMI in multiple times, and while I haven't had the fan speed kick back up to 100% again it has continued to turn off all the displays until I unplug the HDMI and reboot.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to correct this short of sending it in for warranty replacement? Could it be a partially corrupted card bios? Do I just need to remove the card, and leave it removed for an hour or so to drain all power out of it? Any other ideas? I haven't had terribly much time to really look into it short of a few cursory Google searches for similar issues that turned up nothing, so any help is much appreciated!

Re: 780 Ghz Dead HDMI?

did you remove the motherboard cmos battery for 30 minutes? then put back in and try?

save any bios/oc settings beforehand as it will wipe them
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X