Z97M OC Formula and i7 4790(non k), turbo never reaches 4ghz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z97M OC Formula and i7 4790(non k), turbo never reaches 4ghz

Hello, after two decades in the AMD ship i finally decided to try an Intel platform after reading some reviews of the haswell CPUs. The weird issue that I have now is that no matter what type of workload, one or eight threads, my CPU turbo boost don't go past 3.8GHz except for about one minute after a reboot.
    In that minute the CPU stays at 3.8-4Ghz before windows 7 does his stuff and the SpeedStep starts working, then I am locked at 800mhz-3.8ghz no matter what I do or how many cores a program uses. I tried changing the power profile to "high performance", but it just locks the CPU at 3.8ghz. Any idea what may causes that? The CPU is running at around 30°C idle and only touch the 80°C range after a minute of two of torture testing, I even did a fresh windows install and it still happens.

Also, my bios is mostly on auto, i tried messing with the "C states" config, disabling speedstep and/or turbo boost, changing the the "CPU Ratio" from auto to 40-40-39-38 and the issue still happens.
Working...
X