Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock H97M-ITX/ac, Z87E-ITX, B85M-ITX product sale and support

Hi TT,

How long will these boards be produced? (hopefully not replaced by more mid-generation successors like Z97/H97, but by board revisions or product re-differentiations). I am seeking an ITX LGA 1150 board that will be in support for at least a couple years and is reliable.

The boards I am looking at:

ASRock H97M-ITX/ac
    ASRock Z87E-ITX
    ASRock B85M-ITX

Thank you.
    Last edited by possian; 08-01-2014, 03:48 PM. Reason: typos

Re: ASRock H97M-ITX/ac, Z87E-ITX, B85M-ITX product sale and support

If you are looking for long term availibility and support, you should not use a consumer product like the ones mentioned, but a industrial pc board. ASRock also has a complete lineup of that.
    ---
    Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

Re: ASRock H97M-ITX/ac, Z87E-ITX, B85M-ITX product sale and support

As SandsOfTime referred to, standard consumer basic, gaming, and over clocking mother boards tend to have the shortest life spans of production. They tend to and will be replaced on schedule with the new processor and chipset generations from Intel. Popularity of these boards also determines how long they will be produced, which is unpredictable and may not match the board that you choose.

IMO, support for a board is tied to its warranty, the longer the warranty the longer it will be supported. Your definition of support would include BIOS updates and fixes for issues found a year or two after the board was released, correct? It's hard to define when a product will be dropped from full support.

I would suggest possibly choosing a board from the Server or Workstation series, which would more likely fit your needs. The Industrial type, which are mainly farther from home PCs in design and usage, will have fewer models to choose from.

You can look for models that are labeled "Corporate Stable", which means they are guaranteed to be available and supported for a minimum time period. Some of that type are found among the consumer boards.

Comment

Working...
      X