Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCIe x1 TV Tuner not detected on ASRock Z97E-ITX/AC

Hello,

I have a PCIe x1 TV Tuner Hauppauge HVR-5500 that is working fine on another PC, but is not detected by my ASRock "Z97E-ITX/AC" board. Just saw a post on a "PCIe x1 TV Tuner not detected" (http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...etected-2.html) which basically describes my problem but then on the H61M-ITX and with a different PCIe car. I saw ASRock replying with a BIOS fix (P2.20A: "Improve PCIEx1 card compatibility.") quite a while ago. Hence I was wondering if this issue might exist on this new board and if something could be done about it?

Any help from you or your team would really be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Frederic

Re: PCIe x1 TV Tuner not detected on ASRock Z97E-ITX/AC

I have the same mobo here with BIOS 1.30 and a "PCIe 1x Digital Devices DVB C/C2/T/T2 TV Twin Tuner" card, which is always detected. Could you temporarily remove the wireless module from the mobo to see if your tuner card is detected then?
    ---
    Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

Originally posted by SandsOfTime View Post
      I have the same mobo here with BIOS 1.30 and a "PCIe 1x Digital Devices DVB C/C2/T/T2 TV Twin Tuner" card, which is always detected. Could you temporarily remove the wireless module from the mobo to see if your tuner card is detected then?

Hi,

Just tried is, but same result... The card is not detected... So do you have to remove the wireless module then?

Thanks for the reply!
      Frederic

Comment

No, my tv card is working with the wireless module installed. But, since the wireless module is also a PCIe card and I dont't know if it's uses PCIe lanes from the cpu (like the slot with the tv card) or from the Z97 chip set, I thought it is worth a try.
        ---

Comment

Another thing you can try. There is an option in BIOS (advanced tab) where you can set the speed of the PCIe slot lanes manually to 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0. (PCIE1 Link Speed).

Is the system browser in BIOS recocnizing the tv card?
          ---

Comment

Originally posted by SandsOfTime View Post
            Another thing you can try. There is an option in BIOS (advanced tab) where you can set the speed of the PCIe slot lanes manually to 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0. (PCIE1 Link Speed).

Is the system browser in BIOS recocnizing the tv card?
            That I tried already (ASRock support suggested it too)... On what do you have set this? Do you have VGA specified as "on-board"? No the BIOS does not see any card...

Thanks,

Comment

I think I have PCIe1 Link Speed set to 'Auto'. Also I haven't changed any VGA setting in BIOS except ram size (256 MB). My Z97E-ITX/ac runs a Core i3-4150 with HD4400 graphics.
              ---

Comment

Working...
              X