Z97m OC Formula will not post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z97m OC Formula will not post

I can not get it to boot up, it worked for a couple boots(even took a few hours to prep windose 7 for the transfer to a new board) after I checked it to make sure it booted up I put 2 hard drives in and now nothing, no video on the board no video from a card, can't even get it to beep for video or ramm warnings. ALso something new started to happen my enermax revolution 85+ started to blink the power and its light, never had that happen before.

When threw the same dance like last time only checked with different video cables and no go with that.

Right now I the only thing I have plugged into it to my 760 video card, when I try and power up from waiting 30 sec after the light goes off I switch the power back on and the PSU,lights and fans blink, I do it again but give it 20 sec to warm up with the light on in the back before I turn the power on it powers up but still can not boot. Also I notice if you hold down the power button it will not turn off, maybe the board is fried?

And yes tried resetting comos and removing the battery.....

Would like some help before I leave at 8AM in the morning will be gone for a few days but I bet I'll have to rma it.....figures.....

Re: Z97m OC Formula will not post

Originally posted by ZippydsmLee View Post
    I can not get it to boot up, it worked for a couple boots(even took a few hours to prep windose 7 for the transfer to a new board) after I checked it to make sure it booted up I put 2 hard drives in and now nothing, no video on the board no video from a card, can't even get it to beep for video or ramm warnings. ALso something new started to happen my enermax revolution 85+ started to blink the power and its light, never had that happen before.

When threw the same dance like last time only checked with different video cables and no go with that.

Right now I the only thing I have plugged into it to my 760 video card, when I try and power up from waiting 30 sec after the light goes off I switch the power back on and the PSU,lights and fans blink, I do it again but give it 20 sec to warm up with the light on in the back before I turn the power on it powers up but still can not boot. Also I notice if you hold down the power button it will not turn off, maybe the board is fried?

And yes tried resetting comos and removing the battery.....

Would like some help before I leave at 8AM in the morning will be gone for a few days but I bet I'll have to rma it.....figures.....
    Sorry but I don't understand the parts of your post that I have in bold and underlined. What power and lights are blinking? Lights and fans blink?

It sounds like either a power supply connection problem, or the board is shorting itself to the PC case somewhere.

Also, some older power supplies have video card power connectors that would plug into the eight pin CPU power connection on a mother board. It fits but is not compatible, the + and - connections are reversed on the video card cable plug compared to the CPU eight pin power plug.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Sorry but I don't understand the parts of your post that I have in bold and underlined. What power and lights are blinking? Lights and fans blink?

It sounds like either a power supply connection problem, or the board is shorting itself to the PC case somewhere.

Also, some older power supplies have video card power connectors that would plug into the eight pin CPU power connection on a mother board. It fits but is not compatible, the + and - connections are reversed on the video card cable plug compared to the CPU eight pin power plug.
      Everything is blinking, the fans are lighted and pulse, it looks like its blinking but its really turning on and off quickly. The light on the PSU is blinking red/green.

Not got the PCIE and CPU power plugs confused before....forgot to plug them in yes but switched no. LOL
      ===================
      Updated info

I pulled the board,using a plastic portable test bench , put a stock cooler on it, tried different ramm, same result everything is blinking/turning off and on quickly,unless I wait after turning power back on to the PSU the it powers up but never boots up..

Put my old motherboard in the new case got everything wired up turned it on and bam it works.
      Last edited by ZippydsmLee; 08-20-2014, 02:22 AM. Reason: update info

Comment

I too spend a few hours and then RMA and got a MSI instead. I have the MiniITX and worked well but the OC ones sucks. No time to buy and redo again.
        CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core i7-4790K, 4200 MHz (42 x 100)
        Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H
        (2 PCI, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
        Motherboard Chipset Intel Wildcat Point Z97,
        Intel Haswell System Memory 16269 MB
        (DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM)
        DIMM1: Corsair Vengeance Pro CMY16GX3M2A2400C11 8 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (9-9-9-24 @ 666 MHz) (8-8-8-22 @ 609 MHz) (6-6-6-17 @ 457 MHz) (5-5-5-14 @ 380 MHz)
        DIMM3: Corsair Vengeance Pro CMY16GX3M2A2400C11 8 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (9-9-9-24

Comment

Originally posted by pectin232 View Post
          I too spend a few hours and then RMA and got a MSI instead. I have the MiniITX and worked well but the OC ones sucks. No time to buy and redo again.
          Frankly you gotta factor in down time, even with new builds, I kinda went and built it at the spur of the moment and built it without giving any thought to down time. I had issues with HDMIs cables thought it was the mobo but finally got 2 990 killer mobos purring like kittens, figured the z97 would be a no brainer. Oh well I've had bad asus before so I'm not phazed, I guess the next process is to bug Newegg for a RMA, I go to the seller first as no mobo maker I know of is willing to do RMAs up front at the drop of a hat.

I'll worry about that when I get home, right now its time to play windose shuffle and try and prep win7 for a mobo/cpu transfer without killing the fresh install I made just in case it fails....partition musical chairs...fun times!

Comment

Working...
          X