AM1H-ITX Video wont wake after sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AM1H-ITX Video wont wake after sleep

Hi i am trying to use Parted magic to secure erase my ssd, i get to the part where you put computer to sleep but computer wakes but video dont any help as i tried dfiffernt setting in Bios.
    I am using onboard graphics

Re: AM1H-ITX Video wont wake after sleep

Um... Is the SSD the only SSD/HDD in your system? No others.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
      Um... Is the SSD the only SSD/HDD in your system? No others.
      No i have a backup drive Samsung 1TB

Comment

Originally posted by copystuff View Post
        Hi i am trying to use Parted magic to secure erase my ssd, i get to the part where you put computer to sleep.........
        I hoping a language barrier exists while I read that quoted here above.

The computer shouldn't be (put to) sleeping while PartedMagic is running(booted) from CD/DVD on the I assume SSD you're scrubbing/erasing.

Am I reading that right? If not, my apologies up front.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Let me start again
          I run parted magic from a usb stick i let it load up then choose Disk erase and then i choose internal secure drive erase and then i choose my ssd then i get asked will you let this programme put your computer to sleep i say yes as if i say no it will say programme cancelled so i have let the computer sleep then i wake it with keyboard or mouse but i get no video so i cant carry on to secure erase my ssd.

Another problem is parted magic dosent see my ssd as an internal drive
          Last edited by copystuff; 08-22-2014, 09:02 PM.

Comment

In PartedMagic's Secure Erase dialog box, is your SSD described as "Frozen" or "Not Frozen"? I'll assume it's "Frozen. hence your being forced to use the Sleep function.

Possible for you to attempt triggering the "Alternate Sleep Method" described below?

Secure Erase - Powerful, easy to use, and inexpensive.

Comment

Thanks but still no good will have to wait for a new bios update i think

Comment

All you need to do is power cycle the SSD, whether by a Sleep cycle or literally removing the power connector from the SSD, and then putting it back on.

The Intel SSD Toolbox (only works with Intel SSDs) has a Secure Erase function, and when the Security Freeze Lock occurs, the instructions tell you to remove the power connector from the SSD, and then put it back on. The Secure Erase feature of the Samsung Magician software has you do the same thing. I've used both of these features, and power cycling the SSD by removing and reinserting the power connector works. I've also used the Sleep and Wake method to power cycle the SSD, but if you can't wake from Sleep correctly, what else can you do?

I know it sounds primitive, but it is designed that way on purpose. How do you know that your board will get a BIOS update with the Check Ready bit feature? Up to you of course.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
                  All you need to do is power cycle the SSD, whether by a Sleep cycle or literally removing the power connector from the SSD, and then putting it back on.

The Intel SSD Toolbox (only works with Intel SSDs) has a Secure Erase function, and when the Security Freeze Lock occurs, the instructions tell you to remove the power connector from the SSD, and then put it back on.
                  That's exactly the method pointed out in the Alternate Sleep Method link above. There's absolutely no reason for it not to work.

Comment

I will try power cycle later but theres nothink i do about the lack of video after the restart

Comment

Working...
                    X