Memory Problem 16gb 2133 Mhz not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Problem 16gb 2133 Mhz not work

hello guys i was using my pc with an 8gb of memory g skill ares with timings on 10-10-10-30 and the frequency on 2133 Mhz intel xmp 1.3 profile 1
    i bought a new memory kit gskill sniper with the same memory latency and timings, but when i install 16gb of memory and try to set the frequency to 2133 mhz to all modules, the system not start

Motherboard: Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
    bios version: 2.31

anyone know a solution ? or is the cpu max memory frequency compatibility problem?

Thanks

Re: Memory Problem 16gb 2133 Mhz not work

Originally posted by Lucas Hoffmann View Post
    hello guys i was using my pc with an 8gb of memory g skill ares with timings on 10-10-10-30 and the frequency on 2133 Mhz intel xmp 1.3 profile 1
    i bought a new memory kit gskill sniper with the same memory latency and timings, but when i install 16gb of memory and try to set the frequency to 2133 mhz to all modules, the system not start

Motherboard: Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
    bios version: 2.31

anyone know a solution ? or is the cpu max memory frequency compatibility problem?

Thanks
    You are mixing two different memory models, the Ares and Sniper. Even if they are both made by G.SKILL, and have the same timings and voltage, the two models most likely use different memory chips, so have trouble or will not work together. You can't mix different models of DDR3 memory and expect them to work, if they do you would be very lucky.

Most of the time kits of the same model of memory are matched at the factory so they will work together. Sometimes two kits of the same memory model bought at different times won't work well together.

Do the two different models of memory work together at a lower speed? Did you try increasing the memory voltage and set the timings/latency to Auto in the BIOS?

You can also try increasing the voltage to the memory controller on the CPU, it might be called VCCSA or System Agent voltage in the BIOS. Check your board's manual for the correct settings.

It's also harder for CPU to run more memory (16GB instead of 8GB) at a high OC speed. What CPU are you using? All the CPUs that work with your board have a memory spec of DDR3-1066/1333, so anything above that is not guaranteed.

Comment

my cpu is an intel core i7 2600

i think the problem is the difference of the modules i will sell the sniper kit

thanks guys

Comment

Did you seriously tweak the myriad of voltages to expect the i7 2600, rated at 1333, to boot up at 2133?
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
          Did you seriously tweak the myriad of voltages to expect the i7 2600, rated at 1333, to boot up at 2133?
          i am using a kit of 8gb at 2133 with any problem

i think my solution is this: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-17000 2133MHz Ares Series Low Profile (11-11-11) Quad Channel kit

Comment

Working...
          X