No announcement yet.

Hard drive locked; aptop wll only boot into the setup screen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard drive locked; aptop wll only boot into the setup screen!

I have aASUS Laptop (Q302LA) I bpught for my wife. Since it came with a 500 Gb 5200 rpm drive I decided to install a 240 Gb SSD to speed up the system. After I used EASEUS Backup to clone the hard drive to the 240 Gb SSD, I opened the back of the laptop and removed he500 Gb hard drive. I then installed the new cloned 24 Gb SSD drive and reinstalled the back of the laptop. When I booted the laptop it would only go to the Setup screen and would not do anything else. O figured I must have done something wront, so I again removed the back of thelaptop, removed the 240 Gb SSD and reinstalled the original 500 Gb hard drive that came with the laptop. When I tried to boot the laptop only the Setup screen would come up. I was able to get to recover information using a Flash Drive and was informed that the drive was locked. I assume that is why I can't boot into windows. I have done this same SSD installation on another ASUS laptop, a ASUS Netbook and a HP laptop without ever having a problem. This Q302LA Laptop is the only one that had a notiffication sticker that advised that to remove one of the five screws holding the hard drive down would invalidate the warraty. Does anyone hae any idea how to get this laptop working again?

Re: Hard drive locked; aptop wll only boot into the setup screen!

You could try mashing F3, F5 F8, F10 and F12 from the start of the boot (before the logo appears).. one of them should start the recovery process...

Comment

Re: Hard drive locked; aptop wll only boot into the setup screen!

Thank you, but I tried all options to no avail. I called ASUS Support and they said that I needed to send it in to them to fix the problem. I sent if off last Monday via UPS. It should arrive there tomorrow and hopefully be sent back fixed very soon.

Comment

Working...
      X