No announcement yet.

Is this a good PRE BUILT PC for the price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good PRE BUILT PC for the price?

PLEASE DON'T SAY BUILD YOUR OWN!

I KNOW you can build one cheaper....but I am wondering if this computer is one of the best pre built gaming PC's you can get for the price. ($879.99 as configured without options)

Some people do not have the skills to "bulid their own PC" so please take that into consideration.

All I am wanting to know is if there is a better per built out there for this price?

SPECS:Case:
    ENERMAX Clipeus
    Motherboard:
    MSI H81M-E33
    Memory:
    8GB [8x1] 1600MHz
    Processor:
    Intel Core i5-4570 3.1GHz
    Processor Cooling:
    Stock INTEL CPU Cooling Fan with Heatsink
    Hard Drive:
    1TB 7200RPM SATA III Hard Drive
    Hard Drive 2:
    Graphics Card:
    GeForce 760 2GB
    Sound Card:
    Onboard 3D Premium Surround Sound
    Ethernet Card:
    Onboard LAN Network 10/100
    DVD Drive:
    24X DVDRW Internal Drive
    Power Supply:
    500W
    Operating System:
    Windows 8.1 64bit
    Keyboard:
    Basic USB Keyboard
    Mouse:
    Basic USB Mouse
    Warranty:
    Standard Three Year Limited Warranty (3 Years Labor, 1 Year Parts and Life-Time Technical Support*)

And here is a link to the PC in question....

http://avatargamingpc.com/gaming-des...s-i5-4576.html
    Last edited by webe3; 09-02-2014, 07:22 PM.
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Re: Is this a good PRE BUILT PC for the price?

The biggest problem with these builts are usually with PSU...
    The crap they include isn't healthy for any decent PC.

Don't your shop offer assembling for some $10? usually you can choose whatever parts you want (inlcuding case and PSU) and they will built that PC for you. No different from pre-built ones, except that it won't be cheapened on critical parts like PSU.<style id="pageBrightnessCustomCSS">body{zoom:106%!import ant;}</style>

Comment

Originally posted by SmOgER View Post
      The biggest problem with these builts are usually with PSU...
      The crap they include isn't healthy for any decent PC.

Don't your shop offer assembling for some $10? usually you can choose whatever parts you want (inlcuding case and PSU) and they will built that PC for you. No different from pre-built ones, except that it won't be cheapened on critical parts like PSU.<style id="pageBrightnessCustomCSS">body{zoom:106%!import ant;}</style>
      I do not know where you got the notion that I had a shop that would put a whole computer together for 10 bucks....but I can say...you are DEAD WRONG!
      Here are my specs:
      System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

I couldn't say unless I was able to see the power supply model number which they do not seem to give.
        I tend to avoid these and have never heard of that website. Have you checked CyberPowerPC or any other configurable system websites?
        No shop I know of would build a PC for $10. You're looking at somewhere around $75-$100.

Comment

DIY is pretty fun! But I understand that its not for everyone.. I agree with the other guys here, check a place where you can sellect the components.

Comment

Working...
          X