ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ No video signal on boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ No video signal on boot

I've got an ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ with P2.10-15B BIOS (according to the sticker).
    The CPU is an AMD A4 6300, which according to the support sheet, all BIOS versions support.

When I boot, the CPU and chassis fan start, but I don't get any video signal from the motherboard. There is no video card in the expansion slot and I've tried both VGA and DVI with a cable and monitor that works on another computer. I've also tried disconnecting my SATA devices, but no luck. I don't hear anything from the PC speaker I have hooked up. I can toggle numlock on my keyboard (also tried removing that and the mouse). And I tried clearing the CMOS, but that did not work either.

I've got memory installed, the new CPU firmly in place, the 24-pin motherboard power, including the 4-pin 12V hooked up.

What could be wrong here? Do I need to have some bootable medium installed for it to display video? I assumed I could at least watch it post and change the boot order...
    Last edited by RandomEngy; 09-17-2014, 01:18 AM.

Re: ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ No video signal on boot

Well I took the whole thing apart and found that the memory had gotten unseated on one side. Not sure why that didn't make a beep code. Maybe the PC speaker was loose?

Comment

Working...
    X