Asrock X99M Killer with Asus Xonar Essence STX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock X99M Killer with Asus Xonar Essence STX

I have been trying to get my Asus Xonar Essence STX to work on my new Asrock X99M Killer to no avail. I shows up, relays clicking, but no sound and video freezes. Anyone have problem with this?

Re: Asrock X99M Killer with Asus Xonar Essence STX

I don't have a fix for you, but just saw a post in another forum about a different board (Asus X99) where the user also had problems with their Xonar Essence STX.

Perhaps Asus needs a firmware or software update for this card.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      I don't have a fix for you, but just saw a post in another forum about a different board (Asus X99) where the user also had problems with their Xonar Essence STX.

Perhaps Asus needs a firmware or software update for this card.
      Yeah, seems like lots of people are having problems. Too bad, its a nice card that I cant use.

Comment

Forgot about you Mr. M, and I have a weird "fix" for you to try that I read about in another forum about another manufacture's X99 boards. A few of those people also have problems with their Xonar sound cards.

This is what you do: With the PC running, put it into Sleep mode. Then wake the PC, and magically the sound card now works. Multiple users of the other X99 boards with Xonar Essence STX cards reported this works.

Just passing this along, I don't have this hardware myself, so you can test this on an ASRock X99 board.

Also, the new X99 platform seems to have a few new platform issues that are still being worked out. Intel sets the release date of the processors, provides them and the chipset to board manufactures, and they have the honor of meeting that release date. The board manufactures also get to deal with all the BIOS, CPU microcode, and chipset issues, not to mention the users like you. You are all so lucky...

Comment

Forgot about you Mr. M, and I have a weird "fix" for you to try that I read about in another forum about another manufacture's X99 boards. A few of those people also have problems with their Xonar sound cards.

This is what you do: With the PC running, put it into Sleep mode. Then wake the PC, and magically the sound card now works. Multiple users of the other X99 boards with Xonar Essence STX cards reported this works.

Just passing this along, I don't have this hardware myself, so you can test this on an ASRock X99 board.

Also, the new X99 platform seems to have a few new platform issues that are still being worked out. Intel sets the release date of the processors, provides them and the chipset to board manufactures, and they have the honor of meeting that release date. The board manufactures also get to deal with all the BIOS, CPU microcode, and chipset issues, not to mention the users like you. You are all so lucky...
          Wow, that actually worked :) Put that baby to sleep and after waking up, the STX worked. A bit of a pain on the behind, but its so much better than the built in card. Thanks a million.

Comment

I found something else: Xonar EEPROM Failure - AlsaProject
            Never tried it by myself, luckily my Essence STX is always recognised.
            ---
            Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmajestic View Post
              Wow, that actually worked :) Put that baby to sleep and after waking up, the STX worked. A bit of a pain on the behind, but its so much better than the built in card. Thanks a million.
              Great, so we now know this works for ASRock X99 boards as well, or at least the X99M Killer. I imagine it will work with the other ASRock X99 boards too.

I have not seen an explanation about why this works, but it sure seems to be a basic X99 issue, and not limited to one mobo manufacture.

Comment

Great, so we now know this works for ASRock X99 boards as well, or at least the X99M Killer. I imagine it will work with the other ASRock X99 boards too.

I have not seen an explanation about why this works, but it sure seems to be a basic X99 issue, and not limited to one mobo manufacture.
                Odd thing is that if I disable the built in soundcard, I get a BSOD when waking up.

Comment

That is strange. I have not seen any information in other forums about that happening.

Any idea if the BSOD occurs if the onboard audio is disabled, and the STX card is not in the PC?

Comment

That is strange. I have not seen any information in other forums about that happening.

Any idea if the BSOD occurs if the onboard audio is disabled, and the STX card is not in the PC?
                    Actually I might have spoken prematurely. I get BSOD even with the internal card active. I think its a issue with the still-beta driver from Asus more than the X99 chipset.

Comment

Hi, I’m Davis from ASRock HQ TSD.

Due to we have no the same device, we tested this symptom with similar device as below.
                      And the sound card works normally.

CPU: i7-5960X
                      BIOS: P1.60(latest)
                      Memory: Crucial DDR4-2133
                      VGA card: Powercolor R9-280X
                      Sound card: Sound Blaster z SBX PROSTUDIO

And we have tried to disable the built in soundcard or external sound card, the system wake up without BSOD.

We searched some information about this issue on other forums, and found some users encountered the similar issue when using Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card on other vendors’ X99 platform.
                      So this issue seems related to the sound card, please refer to the following links.
                      EVGA X99 Micro - Sound Card Problems - EVGA Forums
                      ASUS X99 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread (North America) - Page 47

However, we provide few ways for you.
                      1. Please change PCIE Link speed to GEN1 for verify.
                      2. You can change another slots for try.
                      3. Please change another sound card for try.

If the symptom is still not improved, please contact the card vendor for the further assistance.

Thank you.
                      Last edited by ASRock TSD - Davis; 10-01-2014, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Davis View Post
                        Hi, I’m Davis from ASRock HQ TSD.

Due to we have no the same device, we tested this symptom with similar device as below.
                        And the sound card works normally.

CPU: i7-5960X
                        BIOS: P1.60(latest)
                        Memory: Crucial DDR4-2133
                        VGA card: Powercolor R9-280X
                        Sound card: Sound Blaster z SBX PROSTUDIO

And we have tried to disable the built in soundcard or external sound card, the system wake up without BSOD.

We searched some information about this issue on other forums, and found some users encountered the similar issue when using Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card on other vendors’ X99 platform.
                        So this issue seems related to the sound card, please refer to the following links.
                        EVGA X99 Micro - Sound Card Problems - EVGA Forums
                        ASUS X99 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread (North America) - Page 47

However, we provide few ways for you.
                        1. Please change PCIE Link speed to GEN1 for verify.
                        2. You can change another slots for try.
                        3. Please change another sound card for try.

If the symptom is still not improved, please contact the card vendor for the further assistance.

Thank you.
                        1. Doesn't make any difference
                        2. Doesn't make any difference either
                        3. I don't have any other PCIe soundcard to test

Comment

Working...
                        X