E3C226D2I + 32GB ECC support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E3C226D2I + 32GB ECC support?

Hello Asrock Team and everybody else out there!

My question is about a specific board and expanding its memory. As 16GB Dimms are available for quite some time, I wonder if I could plug in two of them into the E3C226D2I board?
    I was particular thinking about 2 of those?
    2x - 16GB Kingston KTM-SX316LV/16G DDR3-1600 ECC DIMM CL9 Dual Kit

or this one
    2x - 16GB Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1600 regECC DIMM CL11 Single (no dual rank)

Because at the specs it said supports only up to 16GB. I wonder if this is just a limitation because no higher dims where available at that time or if it depends on the firmware/hardware or other things?
    If it's not possible, is there a chance of getting a similar mini-ITX board with support up to 32GB ECC?

thanks a lot in advance...

Re: E3C226D2I + 32GB ECC support?

Originally posted by SebbaG View Post
    Hello Asrock Team and everybody else out there!

My question is about a specific board and expanding its memory. As 16GB Dimms are available for quite some time, I wonder if I could plug in two of them into the E3C226D2I board?
    I was particular thinking about 2 of those?
    2x - 16GB Kingston KTM-SX316LV/16G DDR3-1600 ECC DIMM CL9 Dual Kit

or this one
    2x - 16GB Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1600 regECC DIMM CL11 Single (no dual rank)

Because at the specs it said supports only up to 16GB. I wonder if this is just a limitation because no higher dims where available at that time or if it depends on the firmware/hardware or other things?
    If it's not possible, is there a chance of getting a similar mini-ITX board with support up to 32GB ECC?

thanks a lot in advance...

E3C226 is Denlow platform so it’s max DIMM capacity is 32GB (4x 8GB). But there is a space limitation on the board that constrains to a dual rank configuration, thus 2x 8GB. Similar board is extended mini-ITX board E3C224D4I-14S ASRock Rack > E3C224D4I-14S . It consists of 4x8GB RAM configuration and LSI storage controller aside from Intel.

Comment

Working...
    X