Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-X99-UD5 Kingston HiperX Problem

Hello,

I've bought a GA-X99-UD5 with 4xKingston Hyper X DDR4 2800Mhz HX428C14PB2K4/16 memory kits.

With all the modules setup, the latest BIOS reports 12GB (11.8 Usable), but it should report 16GB.

Is this a BIOS issue? I've swaped modules, they all work fine.

Re: GA-X99-UD5 Kingston HiperX Problem

Most likely bios update will fix your error
    Last edited by xplode; 10-26-2014, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xplode View Post
      Most likely bios update will fix your error
      Indeed, updated from F4 to F8c, RAM is reported to be 16GB (15.8 Usable by windows but BIOS reports 16GB).

I can't get the RAM to OC though, I've set XMP to Profile 1: 1.35v, 2660Mhz but computer refuses to boot.

Comment

With risk to repeat myself another bios update will fix your xmp problems. I found that it is Gigabyte problem across all boards, i have 2 x79 based with xmp problems (both fixed with bios updates) and seen xmp problems in z97 and x99 based boards as well. So you will have to wait for the next bios and try it out. Or you can try older bios which is not beta for example f7.

Comment

Or you can manually set your XMP settings. lookup what the settings are on Kingston's site and set them yourself.... usually what happens is your VCORE and other voltages are set to auto and the MB doesn't set the proper voltages...

set all the timing first make sure you boot and everything is fine, then start to adjust your memory multiplier and FSB... only do one thing at a time... you'll get there.

granted you shouldn't have too... this has been my workaround... I don't like waiting to use what I paid for and should work out of the box...

Vin
          Main Rig
          OS = Win10-64Bit
          CPU = Ryzen 1700x Overclocked to 4Ghz with custom water-cooling loop
          Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
          MB = Asus ROG C6H
          GPU = Asus 1080Ti ROG Strix
          HD = 512GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
          PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1300w
          Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
          OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine with 12GB ram assigned for homer server
          CPU = i7-980X @ 3.5Ghz CoolerMasster Hyper 212 Evo
          Mem = 24GB RAM
          MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios
          GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
          HD = 2x PNY 120GB Raid 0 (OS)
          Storage = 8TB WD Black Storage
          PSU = Corsair TX750
          Case = Define R5

Comment

Originally posted by Vinster View Post
            Or you can manually set your XMP settings. lookup what the settings are on Kingston's site and set them yourself.... usually what happens is your VCORE and other voltages are set to auto and the MB doesn't set the proper voltages...

set all the timing first make sure you boot and everything is fine, then start to adjust your memory multiplier and FSB... only do one thing at a time... you'll get there.

granted you shouldn't have too... this has been my workaround... I don't like waiting to use what I paid for and should work out of the box...

Vin
            Thanks, I'll give a shot at the new F8e BIOS as it has been stated to improve system stability.

Comment

Working...
            X