No announcement yet.

H97M Pro4 board does not recognize Intel stock CPU or chassis fan cooler speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H97M Pro4 board does not recognize Intel stock CPU or chassis fan cooler speed

Hello, this new board seems to limit my 2x3000rpm intel stock coolers speed. One comes from a Intel 3220 and worked fine up to 3000rpm, and the new one is from this new Intel 4460 that i've ordered for this board.

They are able to reach 3000rpm in another system, but not in my H97M Pro4 - bios 1.20.
    Both coolers are connected through 4 pin layouts on the mobo, one for CPU1 and the other for Chassis1. I've also tested 3 pin layouts but it's the same.
    Both were manually set to 100% in UEFI and in A-tuning utility in Windows 8.1 and Windows 7. Settings are to reach 100% fan speed starting with 30C.
    They never go above 2100 rpm and power settings are set to Active.
    Other than this, PWM function in defaul settings works fine up to 2000rpm,but little air is moved.

More important testing: both coolers were tested and input 12v power on the yellow wire. I've swapped even a different power supply and tested yellow+black straight connected to a molex cable and the other 2 connected to the motherboard. Same thing.
    What i need to mention, is that the Intel 3220 stock cooler starts spinning 3000rpm for 2 seconds on PowerON. That's the dust cleaning feature and tells me 12 volt input definitely works.
    Also Asrock A-Tuning utility reports fans running at 12v, so hardware problems.

This is definitely a bios bug, please report to devs.
    Last edited by tzily; 10-31-2014, 09:47 AM.

Re: H97M Pro4 board does not recognize Intel stock CPU or chassis fan cooler speed

Originally posted by tzily View Post
    Hello, this new board seems to limit my 2x3000rpm intel stock coolers speed. One comes from a Intel 3220 and worked fine up to 3000rpm, and the new one is from this new Intel 4460 that i've ordered for this board.

They are able to reach 3000rpm in another system, but not in my H97M Pro4 - bios 1.20.
    Both coolers are connected through 4 pin layouts on the mobo, one for CPU1 and the other for Chassis1. I've also tested 3 pin layouts but it's the same.
    Both were manually set to 100% in UEFI and in A-tuning utility in Windows 8.1 and Windows 7. Settings are to reach 100% fan speed starting with 30C.
    They never go above 2100 rpm and power settings are set to Active.
    Other than this, PWM function in defaul settings works fine up to 2000rpm,but little air is moved.

More important testing: both coolers were tested and input 12v power on the yellow wire. I've swapped even a different power supply and tested yellow+black straight connected to a molex cable and the other 2 connected to the motherboard. Same thing.
    What i need to mention, is that the Intel 3220 stock cooler starts spinning 3000rpm for 2 seconds on PowerON. That's the dust cleaning feature and tells me 12 volt input definitely works.
    Also Asrock A-Tuning utility reports fans running at 12v, so hardware problems.

This is definitely a bios bug, please report to devs.
    What are you using to monitor the fan speeds?

In A-Tuning, in the fan speed settings option, did you run the "Fan Test" calibration option? That might help you get the full speed out of the fans. That calibration might be needed with higher RPM fans, although you wouldn't think that would be necessary for the Intel stock cooler.

Where do you see A-Tuning reporting fans running at 12V? The System Info screen shows the power supply 12V, 5V, and 3.3V rail voltages, not fan voltages.

Comment

Re: H97M Pro4 board does not recognize Intel stock CPU or chassis fan cooler speed

I'm using the last Asrock A tuning utility version and i've already tried calibrating both fans.
      Both fans reached 3000 rpm in AXTU level 10, but that application isn't compatible with my board. And even if it was, UEFI settings are maxed out and they report the same output as windows, 2100rpm.
      I've also monitored with other apps, and obviously with my ears. Everything reports working at 100%.

You're right about the voltages in System Info screen. I thought it was overall.

Comment

Working...
      X