Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 990FX Extreme4 bios wont update

Well I can't update to 2.00 or above bios
    I get this error that says it mismatched with the rom file and that if I continue to update it my destroy bios or whatever.

My bios version is 1.80. I need to update my bios for windows 8.1. Also, windows says I only have 3.9GB usable ram while I really have 8GB and that worked fine before I upgraded to w8.1

(x64 windows 8.1)

Please help, I don't want to get stuck with 3.9GB usable.

Re: 990FX Extreme4 bios wont update

What method are you using to update the BIOS?

Instant Flash is the most dependable method, Windows the least dependable. The Instant Flash BIOS update file version is a .zip file that must be extracted before it can be used for an update.

Your Windows 8.1 update sounds like it might have been a 32bit version, which limits memory to 4GB, regardless of how much you install. That can happen if you are not careful about the update method, or get the wrong update .iso file.

In Control Panel, click on System, and you'll see if you have a 64bit or 32bit Windows installation.

Or start a Windows command prompt, and type in msinfo32 and press return. In System Summary, look for System Type. If it says x64-based PC, you have 64bit Windows 8.1, it is says x86-based PC, you have 32bit Windows 8.1.

Also, start Resource Monitor from Administrative tools, click the Memory tab, and see what the rest of your memory is doing.

Comment

Working...
    X