RAID issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAID issue

Hi all, I want to setup 2*160gb disks in RAID. Can u teach me how to do it on a Asrock 990fx killer without a cd-rom.

I change do RAID mode in BIOS and nothing happens, i googled a lot and still cant do it.

Please, help me?!
    Last edited by Luis Seixas; 11-24-2014, 05:20 AM.

Re: RAID issue

Originally posted by Luis Seixas View Post
    Hi all, I want to setup 2*160gb disks in RAID. Can u teach me how to do it on a Asrock 990fx killer without a cd-rom.

I change do RAID mode in BIOS and nothing happens, i googled a lot and still cant do it.

Please, help me?!
    Teaching anyone how to setup a RAID array is not a simple thing to do.

I can see from your post that you do not understand very much about RAID at all, sorry to say, which makes teaching it harder. You must understand what RAID is and how it works before you can setup a RAID array.

Changing the SATA mode to RAID in the BIOS does not cause a RAID array to be created, that is normal. You must create the RAID array yourself, so you do not have an issue with RAID.

Your board supports four types of RAID arrays, some of them need more than two drives to make the RAID array. You must decide which type of RAID array you want to use.

Your board has a manual about RAID that you must read to understand how to use it. That is the best way to learn about it:

http://download.asrock.com/manual/ra...er/English.pdf

Comment

Ty for the reply i used RAID on my old PC for 6 years, I start up the pc and hit the key to open the Raid menu, choose the disks i wanted to use and set it up to RAID 0 ( stripping ) to gain performance over sevurity ( it is a gaming pc only)

I am not an experto but i think i can do it if you help me. can u please try to give me some hints on how to do it with this mother board? When I try to instal RAID drivers it asks for my optical CD-ROM with the support CD. I don't have an Optical drive on the machine. So I did the internet update and it says that all drivers are up to date.

Ty so much again and sorry for my bad english.
      Last edited by Luis Seixas; 11-24-2014, 01:12 PM.

Comment

So you know more about RAID than I thought, now that you explained it, good.

When you start the PC, did you press the CTRL and F keys to start the AMD RAID utility? That is where you create the RAID 0 array. All of this is described in the RAID manual starting on page 10. It will also tell you how to create the RAID 0 array.

Are you trying to install Windows now? Is the Windows installation asking for the RAID driver? What version of Windows are you trying to install?

If you are installing Windows 7 for example, then you need the SATA Floppy Image ver:3.3.1540.13 driver from your board's download page:

ASRock > Fatal1ty 990FX Killer

This file is a .zip file that you must extract and then copy to a USB flash drive. Don't worry that it is called a "Floppy Image", it will work just fine on a USB flash drive.

With this file on the USB flash drive, put the flash drive into a USB 2.0 port on the board's IO panel. During the Windows installation, click the Load Driver button, and then Browse to find the flash drive and driver file. DO NOT remove the flash drive until the Windows installation is done, let it boot into Windows first.

If you have installed Windows in AHCI or IDE mode, and are now trying to change to RAID, that won't work.

Comment

Ty so much for the reply, I am at work now. I will try again later and see if I cna do it.

Ty

Comment

Working...
          X