G.Skill RAM compatibility question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill RAM compatibility question

I was considering buying some dual-channel G.Skill Ripjaws X (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL) to go with an ASRock H97M Pro4. However, I just noticed this set of ram is not on the compatible list. What I don't understand is that the quad-channel version of this same ram (F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL) IS on the compatible list. Why would the very popular dual-channel set of this ram not be on the list? I could try it, but I'm afraid if something doesn't work right I'd be on my own because of the lack of official support.
    Last edited by hawkeye_wx; 11-26-2014, 08:39 PM.

Re: G.Skill RAM compatibility question

You'll have no problem using the F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL kit, it is the same G.SKILL model (XL) as the kit listed in the compatibility list. The only difference is the number of matched DIMMs in each kit.

IMO, the memory compatibility list for the H97M Pro4 is a long list, above average in the number of entries. A mother board manufacture cannot test every model of memory that exists. How would they know what "very popular dual-channel set(s)" really are? There could easily be ten different opinions on what very popular is.

Have you checked with G.SKILL about their compatibility information for this memory and your board? While it is not listed specifically, several very similar ASRock boards are listed: RipjawsX - F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL - G.SKILL DDR3 Memory

You won't be on your own if it didn't work, G.SKILL would trade the memory you have for another type that does work, if that was necessary.

G.SKILL has a forum here at TweakTown, where you could ask about this: G.Skill

Comment

Working...
    X