[help] ASRock G41M-VS3 R2.0 and G.Skill RAM problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [help] ASRock G41M-VS3 R2.0 and G.Skill RAM problem

Hi, I have a problem with my motherboard (ASRock G41M-VS3 R2.0 Bios 1.90 ASRock > G41M-VS3 R2.0) and the new ram that i have bought today. I bought the G.Skill F3-8500CL7D-8GBRL (8 Gb) Ripjaws - F3-8500CL7D-8GBRL - G.SKILL DDR3 Memory but they don't work. The computer starts with black screen. In the memory gvl sheet there are these ram in 1gb version. Are they incompatible? Or do they need of specific setup? Can you help me? I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (FBS 1066). Thanks for the helpfulness.
    DeviantART // Twitter // Google+ // LinkedIn // Steam // Xbox Live // Raptr

Re: [help] ASRock G41M-VS3 R2.0 and G.Skill RAM problem

I do not see your model of memory, F3-8500CL7D-8GBRL (GBRL, or just RL) in your board's memory QVL list.

I also do not see your board listed in the G.SKILL QVL of ASRock boards (click on the QVL tab on the G.SKILL page, then click the ASRock entry.)

So it seems that memory is not compatible with your board, sorry to say.

G.SKILL will usually trade the memory you have for a model that does work, such as the NQ, HI, HK, or PK models.

G.SKILL has a forum here at TweakTown, you can ask about that in that forum: G.Skill

Comment

I'm sorry, you are right. I have bought the wrong ram. I hope to find one compatible. Thanks.

Comment

Re: [help] ASRock G41M-VS3 R2.0

Hi, I'm sorry to bother you again. I have a question about my motherboard the ASRock G41M-VS3 R2.0. I bought a used Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 (FSB1333) but my RAM modules are the 1066Mhz version. Do I have to change the jumper FSB in this case? or only with RAM 1333MHz? Thanks for the helpfulness.

Comment

You are not bothering me at all, no need to worry or apologize.

Checking your board's manual, we find this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	g41 fsb jumper.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	754807

You seem to know this, but are still wondering about it. It seems that you only need to change this jumper if you are using 1333 memory.

You can always try using the standard jumper setting, which is not 1333, and see if the PC boots. It won't hurt anything to do that.

The FSB speed is the speed the CPU connects to the memory controller in the G41 chipset. As long as the memory speed is less than or equal to the FSB speed, it should work fine.

With the FSB speed and memory speed both at 1066, you should not need to change the FSB to 1333.

You might be able to set the FSB to 1333, and it will still work with 1066 memory, but I'm not 100% sure that will work.

Please let us know how this works for you.

Comment

Hi,
            I always have the problem with the RAM.
            I'm unlucky.
            G.Skill changed the modules of RAM with double sided version but if I try to use them, the PC doesn't start.
            It start only the fans and the screen is black.

I tested the single modules of RAM.
            One module works fine while the other one doesn't make to start the PC.
            I tested it in both RAM slots in single and double channel mode.

For now, I'm using the new functioning module of RAM and my old one (4GB double sided at 1333Mhz) and the PC works fine.
            Can you help me?
            Is the motherboard the problem? or the Bios settings?
            Or the module of RAM?
            G.Skill changed me the Ram three time, how is possible that the RAMs don't work yet?

Thanks so much for the patience and your helpfulness.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650
            ASRock G41M-VS3 R2.0 v1.90
            G.Skill Ripjaws F3-8500CL7D-8GBRL
            Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.

Comment

Working...
            X