Issue with Gigabyte X99 UD5 after flashing to new f8 bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with Gigabyte X99 UD5 after flashing to new f8 bios

I first installed f8h, even before I built my rig. Everything was great, except the USB 3.0 drive issue with bios fail. So I learned to turn the drive on after the bios loaded. Now...Gigabyte releases f8...so I flash it. Here are some facts

Bios f8h: I was able to disable speedstep and all C states and clock my CPU at a constant 4.0 GHZ. When I ran hwinfo, the bars were locked at 4000mhz...no movement, etc. Then after flashing f8, I set the bios up the same way and found that the cpu would run from 1.1 to 4.0 GHZ, depending on load...even with speedstep disabled. Also, I have GSkill DDR4-2400 memory using XMP Profile.

At 4.0 GHZ, I never had to touch voltages, etc....the board seemed to take care of it.

Here's the kicker...I redownloaded f8h from TT and reflashed to see if I could get it back the way it WAS. Didn't happen. Now, if I turn the machine on after it has been off...I can boot up no problem and the 4.0 GHZ stays locked. If I reboot the machine...the bios fails to load and I have to enter setup, save and exit...then it boots up. Can anyone shed any light on what might have happened here? I get an A9 on the digital display when it fails to boot...which basically says that machine booting to bios setup.

I was pretty happy with this board until now.

Thanks in Advance

Re: Issue with Gigabyte X99 UD5 after flashing to new f8 bios

You may want to look into a different kind of downgrade as a temporary fix until they fix the BIOS. Clearly something wrong with them.
    Search Google and you should be able to find something for these motherboards.
    http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.p...&topic=14309.0
    Check out this discussion on it.

Comment

Originally posted by priddyma View Post
      You may want to look into a different kind of downgrade as a temporary fix until they fix the BIOS. Clearly something wrong with them.
      Search Google and you should be able to find something for these motherboards.
      BIOS downgrade
      Check out this discussion on it.
      Thank You...I downloaded f8h from Tweak Town forum...after having had the machine shut down for a few hours...seems OK...will have to see how long this lasts. Gigabyte tech support could not help me with anything other than version f7 of the bios, for they are loaded on to the website from Taiwan. Let's hope it stays stable....otherwise I may go back to Asus with the x99-a

Comment

Seems the issues are back. Ever since updating the bios to f8, where the CPU throttles like crazy...this board has NOT been the same. Even flashing back to f8h doesn't seem to help. Thinking that I am going to reflash back to f8, where at least the board runs normally...remove and replace with an Asus x99-A. I will sell this Gigabyte board...

Comment

All good now!!! Installed an Asus x99-A and my CPU runs as it should. Carefully packed up the x99-UD5 back in it's box and it will sit there until I get some sign that Gigabyte fixed their faulty bios.

Comment

Working...
          X