Problems with X99 Professional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with X99 Professional

Hello, I seem to be having some issues regarding the X99 Professional motherboard. When I go to start it up and enter UEFI Setup, I get the mouse in the middle of a black screen. When I move the mouse, it "paints" what is supposed to display including the hardware specs. However, when I go to click on something, the PC appears to crash. It usually responds to Alt+Ctrl+Del with a reboot, but trends to crash with A6 in the debugger. I have moved the GPU to different slots and it appears to be working well by itself, but the system simply won't run properly. It refuses to boot in slow mode at all. And I can manage to get into a live boot of Ubuntu 14.10 64-bit without issue. I have also attempted to use the backup BIOS switch with the same results.
    Could anyone help TS this?

PS cannot update BIOS at the moment. F6 menu is fickle as well.

Re: Problems with X99 Professional

Alright, so I've managed to fix the problem to a point by downloading the 1.40 BIOS update to an SD card and installing it with a barely working F6 boot. It now works flawlessly. There were a few incompatibilities with the 1.10 version and my GPU that somehow still allowed me to boot into instant flash.
    Case closed in both senses of the phrase.

Comment

Working...
    X