asus z97k questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asus z97k questions

Hi all i have just bought some corsair vengeance 2400mhz 8gb of ram.

which memory slots do i use for 2 x 4gb sticks. also the manual only says it only support 1600mhz ram and mines 2400mhz which i bought to match the i7-4790k requirements. will my memory work ?

Re: asus z97k questions

Originally posted by tonygoole View Post
    Hi all i have just bought some corsair vengeance 2400mhz 8gb of ram.

which memory slots do i use for 2 x 4gb sticks. also the manual only says it only support 1600mhz ram and mines 2400mhz which i bought to match the i7-4790k requirements. will my memory work ?
    Any memory whose speed is over 1600 is just considered a memory over clock, not that it isn't supported.

Z97-K specs: Motherboards - Z97-K - ASUS

The memory speed of 1600 is actually a spec for the i7-4790K, 1600 is the maximum guaranteed memory speed, no idea where you got 2400 from:

ARK | IntelĀ® Core

The memory speed specs are very conservative, and faster memory is used all the time with these boards and processors. Corsair "Vengeance" is a model name for many different memory model numbers, hopefully yours is compatible with your processor:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...Memory_QVL.PDF

Comment

Thanks parsec. I read on a flight sim website 1600mhz for the older i7 and for gen 4 it needs 2400mhz . How would I know if the memory was not compatible. Would I get some kind of error message. It seems to be working ok.

Comment

Originally posted by tonygoole View Post
        Thanks parsec. I read on a flight sim website 1600mhz for the older i7 and for gen 4 it needs 2400mhz . How would I know if the memory was not compatible. Would I get some kind of error message. It seems to be working ok.
        If you go to the Asus website and look up your mother board there is a list of memory they see as "compatible", if memory isn't on the list this doesn't mean it wont work. 1600 is the default speed that intell suggests be used, if you have a CPU issue always tell them the memory was run at 1600. I run 2400 Mhz on mine.
        MSI X-99SLI
        Intel 5930K WATER
        EVGA Nilla 1080
        POWER!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

I did this> :) Default RMA discussion banned

Comment

Working...
        X