Q1900m connection and boot up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q1900m connection and boot up

I am new to this, installing motherboard, so bear with me. Don't know if this is enough information or not. Just received my new Q1900M with J1900 and installed but where is the IDE connection on the motherboard. My V2Premier desktop has 2 DVD drives. My WD HDD is a SATA connection. Also, won't boot into Windows 7.
    Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Q1900m connection and boot up

Originally posted by slotdoc48 View Post
    I am new to this, installing motherboard, so bear with me. Don't know if this is enough information or not. Just received my new Q1900M with J1900 and installed but where is the IDE connection on the motherboard. My V2Premier desktop has 2 DVD drives. My WD HDD is a SATA connection. Also, won't boot into Windows 7.
    Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
    Simple answer, it doesn't have one.

The IDE disk drive interface is rarely found on any new boards. If you need it you must specifically find a board that still has it, but that won't be easy.

You can find IDE to SATA adapters that connect to IDE drives, which is about your only option.

The new board/system won't boot into Windows 7? Did you just move a drive with Windows 7 from another PC to this one? If so, there are multiple reasons why that won't work. What was the previous system, the V2Premier?

Comment

The HDD is the original one that came with the V2Premier. I upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium from Windows XP. I am just replacing the motherboard.

Comment

I finally got Windows 7 reinstalled and now all seems to be working. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
        X